North Carolina PPB Trio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
you can do them in the oven, too ~ i've tried it with good results. not as much flavor, but it can be done and hey, if ya gotta have em, ya gotta have em, right?

if doing in an oven, i would recommend 250, 275 degrees for at least an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

And finally the best part!..... here's the ABT's done and gettin' ready to be foiled for pickup....

Along with her pan of Carolina PPB and quart of finishing sauce on the side. Here's the first butt split open, steaming and ready to be pulled for the first pan-

Wow, that smelled good, but you all already know that!
biggrin.gif
Here's the second pan getting pulled-filled... Today I sure wished I had those Stainless pork-puller fork-things you can get that look kinda like pasta-pullers. Even thought the butts were falling apart, there's still the thick part in the middle of all three. Oh well, added to my Santa list that has 3 items now!
tongue.gif

And the third pan from the third butt....I made sure I got them all as close to eachother as possible. My food-scale is in storage (next town over) so I couldn't weigh, but no worries on that. Plenty heavy pans all of them!

Each gets a quart of my Eastern Carolina finishing sauce and a big "thank you" for liking my food and wanting to buy it this time around.

Thank you all for taking the time to check out my post!

absolutely wonderful and delicious-looking! a great job!

love those ABTs - they came out looking full of flavor ~ the pulled pork looks just right, also. i lvoe that eastern-carolina sauce and can't bring myself to use anything else - my thery is: when i've found the best, why bother looking for something else?

congratilations on a great smoke and an awesome job of spreading the good barbecue news!
points.gif

Man does that look good!
Beautiful smoke, pork looked fantastic and those ABTs, beautiful. I hope whoever it was that picked them up loved them, how could you not?
Got peppers and cream cheese, smoking tomorrow, bacon...well I have a pack of veggie bacon, wonder how well that would smoke
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky