New to Smoking Meat Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

macthom1981

Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
Northern Utah
Hey I'm Mac from Northern Utah. I'm very new to smoking but I have a lot of dear friends that have been doing it for years. I was told about this site and how amazing it is so I decided to give it a shot and join up.

I'm starting out pretty simple with an electric Mastbuilt 30" smoker. Tried it for the first time yesterday on some ribs, sausage and chicken. It seemed to work out nicely and was a big hit with the friends I had over.

I started out this morning with some butcher cut bacon. I used some brown sugar rub and I'm cold smoking it for a couple of hours. It smells delicious already and I'm excited for it to be done so I can try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky