New MES 40"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 7, 2012
Texas Gulf Coast
Ok, so my Bradleys, (2 of them) have gotten soooo beat up, I've replaced the hinges with brass door hinges, one of them is so bad I just use it for cold smoking, element's gone and I didn't want to sink more money in fixing up both of them. Wife surprised me when UPS showed up yesterday with 2, yes count them, 2 40" MES digitals with RF controls. 

I've never used one of these but wondering how much trouble it would be to use my Auber PID on one of them for better heat control. It's a 2 probe Auber for Bradleys. 

Any help out here?

I assume you would need to bypass the controller altogether and connect a power cord directly to the heating element which becomes plugged into the back of the Auber.  This is what I did with my MES40 1st gen.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky