New member in NH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdubrow

Original poster
Nov 20, 2023
Howdy from NH. I have chargriller that I use a pellet tube and a masterbuilt electric wood smoker. I just bought a thermoworks thermometer. I'm looking for a 'set and forget' smoker.

I'm currently debating between masterbuilt 800 and recteq 560.

the MB I like because it has the griddle, sears, has a pizza oven and rotisserie. Am hoping my local HD has it on a black friday sale, but I'm thinking not because the 560 is on sale, but not the 800/1050... and would have a 18 months no interest payments via HD.... or maybe I'll get lucky after work when I stop at Walmart and find one on clearance?

The recteq seems like it's a better quality build, but pellets instead of charcoal... But I could add a bunch of stuff and get 0% interest for a bit of time?

Tought choices :)

Reactions: JLeonard
Howdy from NH. I have chargriller that I use a pellet tube and a masterbuilt electric wood smoker. I just bought a thermoworks thermometer. I'm looking for a 'set and forget' smoker.

the MB I like because it has the griddle, sears, has a pizza oven and rotisserie. Am hoping my local HD has it on a black friday sale, but I'm thinking not because the 560 is on sale, but not the 800/1050... and would have a 18 months no interest payments via HD.... or maybe I'll get lucky after work when I stop at Walmart and find one on clearance?

The recteq seems like it's a better quality build, but pellets instead of charcoal... But I could add a bunch of stuff and get 0% interest for a bit of time?

Welcome!! Do you know Chris, gmc2003 gmc2003 ? I think he hails from your neck of the woods...😃

• Haha
Reactions: gmc2003
Welcome from Long Island, NY. My son is a teacher in Keene, NH. I also own a MB 800 if you have any questions. Nailed it at a walmart in PA on clearance last year for $347. They don't show them online, you have to go there to find them.

Reactions: jdubrow
Welcome from Long Island, NY. My son is a teacher in Keene, NH. I also own a MB 800 if you have any questions. Nailed it at a walmart in PA on clearance last year for $347. They don't show them online, you have to go there to find them.
I swung over to my local wallys and didnt see any mbs just pitbosses.

I think i just can't decide between the MB800 and Recteq 560... and pellet or charcoal...
Got to tell you, I like my MB800 but it is a charcoal hog and I don't expect to get more than 5 years out of. It is outside but covered. My next move will probably be a reqteq even though the smoke flavor will not be as good as the MB.

Reactions: jdubrow
Got to tell you, I like my MB800 but it is a charcoal hog and I don't expect to get more than 5 years out of. It is outside but covered. My next move will probably be a reqteq even though the smoke flavor will not be as good as the MB.
The "5 years" is another reason...unless I got it for like pennies on the dollar.... I think I'm going to grab a reqtec 560.

Reactions: clifish

Welcome from SE Florida

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky