Needed more shelves.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't think I left it long enough . When you weigh a fire or explosion over buying one it's a no brainer .
I did hook a battery tender to it , and it was charging . If that thing detects a bad battery it will tell it can't be charged , or short and completely drain the battery then charge .
That was last Saturday when the storms rolled in and we lost power . Haven't tried it again .

Reactions: Steve H
I decided to get that family together for a photo.

18V
2023_dewalt_18v.jpg

20V
2023_dewalt_20v.jpg

That is very nice Steve. So organized, I wish I could keep mine that way
I would be embarrassed to show my shop right now. I have 2 ongoing jobs right now , 1 is I am building a 2 person bench in the shop ( will have cushions made for it once built by upholsterer ). For the handicap homes I do a lot of work for.

And a couple small things Mona always has on her list to be made.
Plus now that it is cold out at night I have to bring in my battery/gas tools and all caulking into the shop also

I say I am organized , but it does not stay that way long. :emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

David

That is very nice Steve. So organized, I wish I could keep mine that way
I would be embarrassed to show my shop right now. I have 2 ongoing jobs right now , 1 is I am building a 2 person bench in the shop ( will have cushions made for it once built by upholsterer ). For the handicap homes I do a lot of work for.

And a couple small things Mona always has on her list to be made.
Plus now that it is cold out at night I have to bring in my battery/gas tools and all caulking into the shop also

I say I am organized , but it does not stay that way long. :emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

David
Looks good Steve! Glad you enabled yourself into your new sawzall lol!
And David, you need a bigger shop! That way you can have a bigger mess... don't ask me how I know!

Ryan

You have more of a selection than our local hardware store Steve, think I'll just go to your house next time need to buy a tool.

• Haha
Oh, the Sawzall is new tool.

I had to :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: pick up a new DeWalt 18ga pinner. The building supply guy I deal with asked if I wanted it. Someone brought it back to store said did not like.
So it was called used , but still had the plastic on couple parts . Got it for $200.00 , great price . And my Paslode gas/battery nailers are working good , but the 18 misses every once in a while. They are 18 years old. So they lasted well.

DSC_8808.JPG DSC_8807.JPG
I find them a little heavy , but the price was right.

David

Yup, it is getting time to bring the batteries in. This weekend I'm doing. I hope. The last cut and mulch. I'll bring them in then. Thanksgiving weekend I'll switch the John Deere. From mow to blow. One of my kids is coming by to give me a hand with that. And a couple other things.
Now that the maple in the backyard is gone. Next year should be less of a job keeping the leaves
taken care of. Though the mulching option on the Deere does an excellent job with mulching them. Didn't have to rake any leaves.

I had to :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: pick up a new DeWalt 18ga pinner. The building supply guy I deal with asked if I wanted it. Someone brought it back to store said did not like.
So it was called used , but still had the plastic on couple parts . Got it for $200.00 , great price . And my Paslode gas/battery nailers are working good , but the 18 misses every once in a while. They are 18 years old. So they lasted well.

View attachment 680620 View attachment 680619
I find them a little heavy , but the price was right.

David
Mine is a 16 ga. nailer. Awesome tool. It'll drive a 2.5"nail flush in oak. With no wait between actuations.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Mine is a 16 ga. nailer. Awesome tool. It'll drive a 2.5"nail flush in oak. With no wait between actuations.
I do like that it just needs the battery instead of gas and battery, as the gas gets cold in truck in winter and have to wait for it to warm up if I forget to remove the night before.

It is a nice tool ,

David

I need about an additional 6-car garage to have decent room.

I have 3 air nailers. Pin nailer, finish nailer, and a framing nailer.
The framing nailer is a beast. Shoots 2-1/2" and 3" nails.

Yeah, it seems every time I buy another Dewalt tool the air or corded equivalent never gets touched again.

I hear you on that Chris, I have all hose nailers and gas/battery nailers from Crown , 18,16, and spikers. Have not used the air hose guns for a few years. Last time for spiker was to build the roof extensions over the front and back decks and the deck and stair rebuild. Most jobs for others are small enough for corded tools, My air spiker gets a lot of work.

Most jobs now I can just use the hoseless ( would not buy the roofing guns , as that would mean I would have to do more roofing to justify )
Now with the new DeWalt 18 , it is even more convenient as no gas to worry about, even though a little heavy for doing baseboard on its side for a long time . I really like it .

Same as drills and saws, unless a big job or a tough job ( lots of holes in concrete etc ) 95% is with cordless. I love not having to drag cords and hoses up 2-4 flights of stairs to do a 1/2 hour job. And love my DeWalt Vac for that same reason.

Love the inventor of good batteries.

True. I can't remember the a used a corded drill. I still want to get a circular saw.

Me also, unless in concrete or steel multi holes.

I have the 5 1/2" circ saw, comes in real handy for the same reasons,
have not jumped up to the reg size one yet...but christmas is coming lol ( probably won't ) really trying to wind down some

David

Attachments

• DSC_4960.JPG
    DSC_4960.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_1493.JPG
    DSC_1493.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_1504.JPG
    DSC_1504.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_1517.JPG
    DSC_1517.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 8
I have the 5 1/2" circ saw, comes in real handy for the same reasons,
have not jumped up to the reg size one yet...but christmas is coming lol ( probably won't ) really trying to wind down some

David

I have had a 18V 6 1/2" for years. I recently upgraded to a 20/60V Flex 7 1/4". If I am making big cuts it's the 7 1/4" but it's heavy and a two hander. If I am making smaller one handed cuts the 6 1/2" will do for most things.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky