My smoked Mac n cheese.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
2 cups uncooked noodles
1 stick butter
5oz mozzarella
11oz velveta
4 cups milk

Added some of my Tasso.

When about done I added panco on top.

Used cob smoke and smoker temp of 250-275.

Panko added and done. It adds nice crunch.

Plated.

This is fantastic, nice lite sweet smoke. Has some crunch and is thick like I wanted.

I will add more Tasso next time.

I will be making this for the gathering.

Holy Schmoley, I'm stuffed like a Bass on a plaque... But I'd hit a bowl of that.

This is a meal on its own. With the meat added, it's filling.

Oh heck yeah! Looks great, and I'm looking forward to a LOT of that in October!

I will try to perfect it before then. It's really good as is thou.

I can see the gathering is going to be damaging to the waist line. 
biggrin.gif
  OH well stock up on winter fat. Looks great don't see much to change in my book. 
points1.png

Warren

I can see the gathering is going to be damaging to the waist line. 
biggrin.gif
  OH well stock up on winter fat. Looks great don't see much to change in my book. 
points1.png

Warren
Needs to me more creamy.   Yes I will make a big batch of this.

I want that right now for breakfast!!  Is that a no boil recipe?  never tried one of those.
This is a no boil recipe.   

Thanks.

That is on top of my to do list Thanks for sharing Points

Richie
Try it Richie.   Mac n cheese is so easy.  Just use the amount of noodles and milk I posted.  Everything else can be changed.    I will add something else next time to make it more creamy.

Boy that looks good Adam!

Have to give you a point for this one!

Al
Thanks Al.

Looks great! I like the idea of corkscrew pasta instead of just elbow mac. Lots of crevices for the cheese goodness to get into. I made this last weekend cut up a smoked sausage ring and added that along with some mustard powder for a little bite. I crushed Chili Cheese Fritos on top the last 20 minutes or so. So many things you can do with this recipe.

OK c-farmer, going to try this this weekend, and have a few questions.

About how long should this cook? 1hr, 1.5hrs, 2hrs?

I would imagine it needs to be stirred at some point during the cook? Yes/No?

Looks to yield approx 10-12 servings? Sound right?

Looks great! I like the idea of corkscrew pasta instead of just elbow mac. Lots of crevices for the cheese goodness to get into. I made this last weekend cut up a smoked sausage ring and added that along with some mustard powder for a little bite. I crushed Chili Cheese Fritos on top the last 20 minutes or so. So many things you can do with this recipe.

Thanks and your right, hard to mess this up. We never have elbow macaroni here. I just use what ever we have. Might be sketti noodles next time.

So how long does this dish take?

Maybe 2 hours, I never measure time.

Looks delicious, Adam. We could have a gathering here, too!

Point for the recipe.

Disco

Your welcome,Disco. Bit to far for me go get to you for a gathering.

Getting a gathering going is hard work, took me awhile to get one kinda going. Hope it works out.

OK c-farmer, going to try this this weekend, and have a few questions.

About how long should this cook? 1hr, 1.5hrs, 2hrs?

I would imagine it needs to be stirred at some point during the cook? Yes/No?

Looks to yield approx 10-12 servings? Sound right?

Cooked maybe 2 hours, I don't keep track of time, sorry.

Yes, I stirred several times.

10-12 sounds bout right.

You have to excuse me, I just cook stuff. I don't measure times, or serving sizes.

I just wing stuff.

When we make mac & cheese most of the time we use extra sharp cheddar some times we mix 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 pepper jack. We use condensed can milk in ours. Just some different things we do.

Warren

When we make mac & cheese most of the time we use extra sharp cheddar some times we mix 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 pepper jack. We use condensed can milk in ours. Just some different things we do.

Warren
I can handle cheese but I'm way too lactose intolerant to mess with any amount of real milk.  I'm eyeballing lactose free dairy milk for the day I make this :)

Warren
I have to play with the recipe.

I can handle cheese but I'm way too lactose intolerant to mess with any amount of real milk.  I'm eyeballing lactose free dairy milk for the day I make this :)
Hope you like it.   Sorry about the lactose intolerance.     I am sure lactose free milk will work.

Warren

Condensed milk is 40% sugar, used to make Desserts. I am thinking you mean Evaporated Milk.

Two cup Rotini pasta is 4 one cup servings. That is 4 small dinner portions or 8 side portions. So with the added Tasso, l could see 10-12 side portions or enough for Me, Warren and Charlie.[emoji]128512[/emoji]...Looking forward to a taste!

Adam, you want it Creamier? Add more Velveeta. More milk would work but it would be more Wet than creamy...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky