Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu with Sweet Lemon Rice and Cool Ranch Cukes ( Cheese ,mustard ,sour cream sauce )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu with Sweet Lemon Rice and Cool Ranch Cukes ( Cheese ,mustard ,sour cream sauce )

Sundays supper
Wanted to do this , after seeing Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 do his, So I mostly did the chicken like he did ( love the hints he gave ) just a little changes for mine tonight.
Bought some whole chickens the other day at a great price and pieced them out , gave me lots of breasts at a great price compared to buying just breasts.

So butterflied the breasts, pounded them out to 1/4" and into pickle juice for 6 hours. Then dried off lay on plastic wrap add sliced ham and Swiss cheese. Roll tight and twist the ends and back in fridge for a few hours. ( that whole process was from Chris, the plastic wrap and twist , soak in whatever etc )

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Now here is a new way for me with the Panko , I toasted them in the CI with spices to get a better brown and crunch, compaired to what I normally did. Added a little canola spray also.

Let that cool before putting into a bag to do like shake and bake ( Chris ). I did not use flour this time either, just the egg and than bread crumbs. And it all worked and stuck very well.

4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

Into the smoker at 300 deg. F, with cherry chunks , pulled at 166 deg. F.
While the chicken was smoking I made the sweet lemon rice and chopped up the cukes. Made the Mustard, Sour cream and Cheese sauce. ( the base was cream of chicken )

7.JPG
8.JPG

So the chicken is ready to cut , wow look at the swiss pouring out.

9.JPG

Did up everyone's plates, here is mine .

10.JPG 11.JPG

and of coarse the close up

12.JPG

This was a very moist chicken breast ( the pickle juice helped with that ) and the swiss and ham brought a nice flavour inside .
The cheese sauce was very nice on top . The sweet lemon rice and the cool cukes rounded off the plate.

The family was very happy and did not complain that it was a little late lol ( 45 minutes ) oh well they will live . lol

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed .

David

Tremendous looking meal David, and I like the idea of pre-toasting the crumbs.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Tremendous looking meal David, and I like the idea of pre-toasting the crumbs.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the comment

It really was a good meal. And I knew I would enjoy if it turned out half as good as yours looked.

The crumbs toasted this way were a lot better then how I normally did them.
And that is also where a added my spices for the chicken also. ( not counting the brine )

David

Very good looking cordon bleu. I like pickle juice bit. Besides putting this on my list you have given me an idea. Nice going!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Oh man I'd not complain about being late as long as I got a plate! Great looking meal.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the love and the comment

It was very tasty and lots of flavour.
Ha ha , they did not complain , but the toes were tapping on the floor. Like hurry up old man. LOL

David

Reactions: JLeonard
Very good looking cordon bleu. I like pickle juice bit. Besides putting this on my list you have given me an idea. Nice going!

Thanks for the like and the comment

It was a pretty and tasty meal. Yes the pickle juice was told to me by a member here when I started. I use it on a few different smokes.

Glad this post gave you some ideas on a upcoming smoke for you. Can't wait top see what you do.
I get a lot of ideas from the great posts by others here also, and kind of put my twist on some.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky