My first Smoke! W/Q-view.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hour 10 is upon us. The brisket is looking really good and I can't wait for lunch tomorrow. The Fatty was great and I am sitting on my back deck trying to stay warm, went from 80s during the day and now sitting in the lower 60s. All is well though, I will stay warm. Enough with the ranting, now for some Q-view.

The Brisket sitting at 165 (this seems to be going alot faster than I thought it would):

I think it is about to slow down some! never fear, don't change anything, just eat that fatty and wait it out!

Wow, now the outside temp is hitting just below 60. I went in and got my sleeping bag, to stay warm. I will survive the chilly night one way or another.

Oh yeah, time for the plateau. Still sitting at 165ish, just hit hour 12. I wish the outside (ambient) temp would stay put, but it has dropped down to 54. I am wrapped up in my sleeping bag sitting here in my chair on the deck. Going to be a fun night for sure.

Now for some Q-view.

Wrap it up and put it in the oven and go to sleep, it'll be fine.

Actually going to ride the plateau out and then do that. I also have some ribs that will be going on soon. Still need to prep the chicken also. So still have a long night ahead of me.

Nothing much to report at this mop time. Now 14 hours in, temp is holding at 165 still (seems odd to me too, but just going to let it continue doing its thing. I am going to try and get a little nap in here before the next mop (this is when I plan on tossing on the ribs). No Q-view this time, since it is night time and the pics are suffering from lack of light.

Merch

16 hours in and the brisket was sitting at 185, foiled it, wrapped it up in a few towels and placed it in cooler. Threw the ribs on the smoker and will keep a watch on them in between catching a few naps. Figure they will be done in 4-6 and we will be eating around 2pm CST.

Pulled the ribs off, used the 3-2-1 method. Not going to do the chicken, just don't think i'll need the extra food. The total smoke time for this was 22 hours. The meat is in the cooler now holding steady till lunch time. I can't wait.

Whoa..it looks like you will be at it for quite sometime if you are smoking all of that meat on just your grill.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

ronp100343;196258 said:
Really wasn't too bad. I got a few naps in. The worse part was the ambient temp dropping down to the low 40s, but I hung tough and just stayed warm in my sleeping bag when not at the grill/smoker.

Actually done. I am relaxing a bit while the meat relaxes some, and then we will be eating in a bit.

In the plans buddy. In the plans. As soon as I get a little bit more motivated I will post a pic of the plated food (forgot to take one before I cut into it :()

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky