My first fatty, 4.5 pounder tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
IMG_8209.JPG
IMG_8210.JPG
Beef and 1.5 pound pork. Pepper, oakmeal,egg,onion,mushroom, cheese and seasonings and tomatoe suace. Going to put a heap of cheese on before cooking. I'm thinking about tossing it on the grate, no pan. Cook to 165 or more. Ok thinking about mixing the cheese in tomorrow and adding another onion. It's only got one and I don't have to worry about getting the temp probe in the cheese pocket

Last edited:
Any ideas how long this big fatty will take at 250 on the stick burner? Planing on cooking tomorrow after work starting at 3 or so

Looks pretty darn good!
At 250 I would think it would take 3-4 hours.
Can't really tell how thick it is from the photo.
Al

IMG_8224.JPG
IMG_8218.JPG
Off to the races. It's 4.5 pounds just meat so pry 6.5 pounds total or more

Here's some real nice cherry I cut the trees down, this cherry grew nice cherrys
IMG_8231.JPG
IMG_8230.JPG
Nice piece of plum. Oak on the ground. I'm going to mainly do cherry and some oak

Last edited:
Put More cheese on after some melted, could even do a triple threat
IMG_8243.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG
Put the cheese on alittle after 2 hours in, got as much on as I could. Some cheese fell and couple critters came over. The duck bullied the small dog out of there

Last edited:
Looks like I'll lose smoke and crust with the cheese but it will be worth it from the crunchy cheese

IMG_8248.JPG
IMG_8246.JPG
Oh man it was good, pretty smokey too. Usually I can't taste much smoke. Took over 4.5 hours

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky