More Cumberland sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got this mixed up today. I had problems using my small hole plate in grinder last time and had sharpened them so I wanted to try it to see if worked now. Normally for breakfast sausage I just run once threw medium plate. I did large first than mixed seasonings in than ran through small one. Worked great. Using a kitchen Aid. I usually use the mixer to mix the seasonings in the meat. I have not done this and wonder if I should to get the texture right or you think good to go as is? Not sure protein extraction needed for making patties?

I have wanted to get into regular sausage making for a while but its just me cooking for and do not need any big batches. I might have to give it a go. What do you think a good starting one would be?

IMG_20240415_142547853.jpg

Last edited:
I got this mixed up today. I had problems using my small hole plate in grinder last time and had sharpened them so I wanted to try it to see if worked now. Normally for breakfast sausage I just run once threw medium plate. I did large first than mixed seasonings in than ran through small one. Worked great. Using a kitchen Aid. I usually use the mixer to mix the seasonings in the meat. I have not done this and wonder if I should to get the texture right or you think good to go as is? Not sure protein extraction needed for making patties?

I have wanted to get into regular sausage making for a while but its just me cooking for and do not need any big batches. I might have to give it a go. What do you think a good starting one would be?

View attachment 694516
Did you mix up some with the Cumberland recipe Brian?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky