Mini Smoked Meat Loaves(Turkey and Beef) w qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Wasn't going to post these but figured what the hell why not? Not many prep pics. First time doing smoked meatloaf. Always hated it as a kid so never really had the hankering for it but decided to give it a shot again and see if I could convince myself it was good. Wife prefers turkey meat so did two of those as well.

Here we go:

All the loaves were all 1/2 lb a piece.

Beef consisted of 80/20 GB, egg, bread crumbs, cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded smoked cheddar, S&P, Worchy sauce, and a little A1. Did 3 with no veggies for the kids and one with.

Turkey loaves were 93/7 ground turkey, sautéed peppers/onions/minced garlic, small amount of bread crumbs, egg, pepper, parsley, and smoked cheddar.

Here they are prepped and ready to go. Used my mesh racks I use to do ABT's and Meatballs. Worked great for the smoke but the meat stuck pretty badly.
ML1.jpg

In the smoke ran 275ish most the time. Hickory chunks.
ML2.jpg

Done. Here are the 3 non veggie meat ones. Squirted some SBR on the top when they were about 10 degrees from being done.
ML3.jpg

Turkey loaves. Brushed them with equal parts ketchup, Dijon mustard, and ACV mixed up. Blow out on the bottom one where I had the probe.
ML4.jpg

Here is the wife's plate. Turkey loaf, riced cauliflower with some smoked cheddar on top, and green beans.
ML5.jpg

And the regular loaf plate with some mashed potatoes and garlic bread. Forgot the green beans in the pic but grabbed some afterwards.
ML6.jpg

These things were great. Wife said it was one of the best things I have ever done. I would disagree but who am I to argue with a compliment? The kids who hate meatloaf even said it was good and ate all of it. They took around an hour or so to reach 160. Thanks for looking!

John

Boy howdy John I'd be all over that meatloaf, nice piece of work, Like! Your wife had the right idea, I like some chopped onion and peppers when I make a meatloaf. RAY

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Fine looking stuff John. Kinda hard to beat a good smoked meatloaf and those look super good!! Not sure which of the two I should be responding to so decided to reply to both :emoji_laughing:

Robert

I bet that was delicious! Green beans and taters are perfect with a meatloaf. Nice meal for sure!

TNJAKE TNJAKE and gmc2003 gmc2003 thanks for the comments and likes on the other thread. That one got deleted and this one left up. Forgot who else responded now so if I left you off I apologize!

Wasn't going to post these but figured what the hell why not? Not many prep pics. First time doing smoked meatloaf. Always hated it as a kid so never really had the hankering for it but decided to give it a shot again and see if I could convince myself it was good. Wife prefers turkey meat so did two of those as well.

Here we go:

All the loaves were all 1/2 lb a piece.

Beef consisted of 80/20 GB, egg, bread crumbs, cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded smoked cheddar, S&P, Worchy sauce, and a little A1. Did 3 with no veggies for the kids and one with.

Turkey loaves were 93/7 ground turkey, sautéed peppers/onions/minced garlic, small amount of bread crumbs, egg, pepper, parsley, and smoked cheddar.

Here they are prepped and ready to go. Used my mesh racks I use to do ABT's and Meatballs. Worked great for the smoke but the meat stuck pretty badly.
View attachment 448954

In the smoke ran 275ish most the time. Hickory chunks.
View attachment 448955

Done. Here are the 3 non veggie meat ones. Squirted some SBR on the top when they were about 10 degrees from being done.
View attachment 448956

Turkey loaves. Brushed them with equal parts ketchup, Dijon mustard, and ACV mixed up. Blow out on the bottom one where I had the probe.
View attachment 448957

Here is the wife's plate. Turkey loaf, riced cauliflower with some smoked cheddar on top, and green beans.
View attachment 448958

And the regular loaf plate with some mashed potatoes and garlic bread. Forgot the green beans in the pic but grabbed some afterwards.
View attachment 448959

These things were great. Wife said it was one of the best things I have ever done. I would disagree but who am I to argue with a compliment? The kids who hate meatloaf even said it was good and ate all of it. They took around an hour or so to reach 160. Thanks for looking!

John

Man looks like they came out great and you had a good experience!

For cooks like that i break out the tiny hole grid silicon Q mats on top of the basket. Helps things out in cases like this.

I really like that u did individual loaves. That is now my approach verses a big loaf which takes forever! It is nice that the individual loaves all have 360 degrees of crusty goodness haha.

Keep it up!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Fine looking stuff John. Kinda hard to beat a good smoked meatloaf and those look super good!! Not sure which of the two I should be responding to so decided to reply to both :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thanks Robert! They were good and will be done again for sure!

. Always hated it as a kid so never really had the hankering for it
My Mom's idea of meatloaf , was take the plastic off the ground beef and put it in the oven .
This smoked meatloaf is fantastic .
Yours looks top shelf . Love that second plated pic . Nice work bud .

Great looking meals, both of them.
I love smoked meatloaf. I've never made one with ground turkey, but I'd sure try a plate of yours.
Gary

Thanks Gary appreciate it! I tried the turkey one and it was pretty good. Not bad for a healthier option.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky