MES 30 steal off marketplace

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Lwhkb

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 6, 2017
Just picked up a 30” MES this weekend off marketplace. Still navigating the new waters and checking it out. Finally got it paired to my phone, realized that it has the broiler option. Found the “manual” on the inter webs. And after reading a lot of info on here, finally got around to ordering a AMPS for the house. This will replace the current Cuisinart Vertical propane smoker I’ve had for 2.5 years, which did great by me and will be gifted on to someone who will love it and use it. Looking forward to being able to cold smoke and do some other things that I wasn’t sure the cuisinart could do. Any advice, tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!! This board is hands down some of the most knowledgeable humans I have the pleasure to interact with!!

Attachments

• 2777460D-1292-4DD0-9F95-F66937A41E4C.jpeg
    2777460D-1292-4DD0-9F95-F66937A41E4C.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 29
Congrats on the find! Plenty of MES users here for sure. You will have no issue getting advice specific to the MES or just overall.

Reactions: Lwhkb
I would suggest using as is for 4-5 smokes so you know how it functions as stock, then you will know if any mods you do are an improvement or not.

Reactions: tallbm and Lwhkb
I would suggest using as is for 4-5 smokes so you know how it functions as stock, then you will know if any mods you do are an improvement or not.
That was my feel also. Picked up some pork shoulders today for .69 a lb. Seemed like a good way to run it up the flagpole to see what I was up against.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky