Mediterranean beef prime ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr k

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 22, 2013
Peoria, IL
Kosher salt and lemon pepper then equal parts dried Tarragon, Oregano, Dill, Thyme and Rosemary. 250° first hour then 275° for three hours naked the whole time with membrane on till IT 205°ish and bone pull back. Apple and Oak pellets in Amnps. Let rest 20 minutes then peeled off membrane.
20180710_175640.jpg

Oh yeah! Those are spares, correct? I can get them but they are always scalped on top so I usually do short ribs instead - just SPGO but your way is certainly worth a shot!

Last edited:
Looks Great, Kurt !!
I hesitate to overpower the flavor of Beef Ribs & Prime Ribs with seasonings, but yours sure look Mighty Tasty!!!
Like.

Bear

Oh yeah! Those are spares, correct? I can get them but they are always scalped on top so I usually do short ribs instead - just SPGO but your way is certainly worth a shot!
I get a bone in rib roast to make boneless ribeye steaks and leave some meat when cutting off the bones.

Looks Great, Kurt !!
I hesitate to overpower the flavor of Beef Ribs & Prime Ribs with seasonings, but yours sure look Mighty Tasty!!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear. That's why only the meat side is seasoned. The dry herbs aren't real strong but soaks up fat for a nice crust/bark.

Those are some great looking ribs, Bet they tasted wonderful. Like...
Congrats on the carousel ride.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky