Meat Lovers Crust-less Pizza!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
I saw a commercial on the tele recently from either Poppa Johns or Domino's. Sorry I can't remember which. Anyway it was for a pizza bowl, and I thought to myself - Self that looks good, and you're always scrapping the toppings off your pizza when you eat it anyway. So let's remove the middleman. While I was making this dish it reminded me of a fattie alabet a deconstructed fattie, but still a fattie. So let's get this pie going.

First the ingredients: 2# chub of Jimmy Dean, 16 oz of cheddar, block of Mozz., bag of pepperoni, 3/4 pound of bacon, one and a half smallish ham steaks, 1 length of kielbasa, and two jars of Pizza sauce.
DSC04463.JPG

All the meat cooked:
DSC04465.JPG

Layer of sauce on the bottom of the tin to help prevent it from sticking:
DSC04466.JPG

Sausage goes down: both crumbled and cubed for texture and taste.

DSC04468.JPG

Then the Kielbasa:
DSC04470.JPG

Ham on deck:
DSC04473.JPG

Can't forget the BACON!!!
DSC04478.JPG

A few roni's
DSC04480.JPG

Top it off with some Mozz and roni's for good measure:
DSC04491.JPG

That's all for now. This will get heated up later on for supper, and I'll post up a finished shot. Thanks for looking

Chris

Attachments

• DSC04492.JPG
    DSC04492.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC04486.JPG
    DSC04486.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC04483.JPG
    DSC04483.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 16
Wow Chris, that looks like one heck of a start on something delicious. I might have added another layer of sauce and cheese but that’s just me. I’m in for the finish for sure.

Reactions: clifish and gmc2003
That looks delicious.
Many years ago I worked at a jobsite right down the street from Pizza Hut, and a couple times a week we hit their lunch bar (or whatever is was called) one of the hot dishes was called Cavatini, which was sort of similar to your recipe except there were some pasta shells of sorts.

Reactions: gmc2003
Dang! That is a meat lovers pan right there. And you got me hooked with the teaser thread. I'll be looking for the finish!
Jim

Ok here we go, It tasted better than expected. Although I'll have to work on the excess liquid. It was a little runnier than I planned on. Either better draining of the sausage or more cheese. It did taste just like I thought it would. It's also a very heavy dish and very filling.

Fresh out of the oven:
DSC04494.JPG

...and into the bowl:
DSC04497.JPG

Appreciate your being patient with me and staying till the end. Like lasagna I can't wait to try it the next day.

Chris

Definitely along for the ride! Looks very good already!
Thank you bern, It's a little time consuming to make, but the final product was worth it.
Saw the same thing .
I bet that's gonna be good .
Appreciate it Rich. Since I always scrape off the topping on my pizza. I thought this was a perfect solution to my odd eating habits. I scrape off the toppings, put some Parmesan cheese on the crust and eat that. Then I eat the toppings. I found out my daughter eats her pizza the same way.

Chris

Wow Chris, that looks like one heck of a start on something delicious. I might have added another layer of sauce and cheese but that’s just me. I’m in for the finish for sure.
Thanks edge. There really isn't any layers per say. I added the ingredients that way for the pics only. Once everything was in the pan it all got stirred together except for the final toppings of Mozz and roni's.
That looks delicious.
Many years ago I worked at a jobsite right down the street from Pizza Hut, and a couple times a week we hit their lunch bar (or whatever is was called) one of the hot dishes was called Cavatini, which was sort of similar to your recipe except there were some pasta shells of sorts.
Appreciate it Thirdeye. I saw this one on an advertised on TV and thought I could tailor it to my tastes.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Dang! That is a meat lovers pan right there. And you got me hooked with the teaser thread. I'll be looking for the finish!
Jim
Thank you Jim. The finished product it posted and tasted great.
Good Lord!!! Are we related???? That is one deep dish pizza I could REALLY get into! I got the serious meat sweats just looking at the PICTURES!!!!!
LOL Appreciate it inda. I bet with your homemade sausages, and skill it would be over the top good.

Chris

Reactions: indaswamp
Emily has made several variations of this so I already know it's gonna be good. In for the finish
Thanks Jake. I bet Emily's is fantastic. I still have a few things to work out, but was extremely happy with the results.
Watching also. Been thinking about making one just haven't pulled the trigger.
Appreciate it Buckeye, I say go for it and don't forget to post up the results.

Chris

Looks delicious! Just saw this and was hoping your suppertime wasn't the same as mine...like 9 or 10.

Ryan

Watching! Is that going in the oven? Or outside on the grill?
Thanks babydoc, Originally I was going to do everything on the kettle, but it was such a nice day out that the wife made me rack the leaves up in the front yard. So I wouldn't have been able to keep an eye on it. It could easily have been done on the kettle or grill of choice.
That looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing
Appreciate it Nefarious, I'm a happy camper.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky