Pizza night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ceeaton

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 16, 2024
Southcentral PA
Ya'll need a thread like those on other forums I visit called "What's for dinner tonight".....just sayin'. Hate starting a thread just to post, don't want to hijack another thread...

Anyway, back when the pandemic first started and I was working from home for 12-20 hrs/week, my brother who lives a mile up the street and I decided to have fun trying to outdo each other making pizzas. We worked on doughs (we both make 48 to 72 hour doughs fermented in the fridge at this point), then started buying stuff. My first purchase was a KettlePizza insert for a Weber charcoal grill. Works great, but on a day like today, tough to get things fired up when it's pouring rain outside. So then I purchased a 3/8" pizza steel that I use in my oven during inclement weather, which says it reaches 550*F. In actuality, the steel will reach 625* when measured with my infrared temperature device I bought. Perfect for NY style pizza.

We tried to supply our neighbors with pizza which was great, the more pizza you make, the more experimental crusts/sauces/cooking methods you can toy with. Plus most people around here were working from home, so a captive audience.

So here is a normal "cook" on the weekend. Two for the neighbor, one for my wife and I, three personal pan pizzas for my daughter and her two friends, and one GF pizza for my son who is working, he'll devour later.

I've made the mozzarella cheese before, but prefer the drier stuff that I can grate. Make the sauce out of #10 cans of 7/11 crushed tomatoes that I add spices to and re-can in quart jars (still was 4.0 pH even after some sugar additions). And this time got to use a fermented pepperoni I just finished making this past week.

3-9-24_pizza-1.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-2.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-3.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-4.jpg

3-9-24_pizza-5.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Those look great! Where do you get the 7/11 crushed tomatoes? I have heard great things about it.

When we are at the PA house in NEPA we try to fire up the blue rooster wood fired oven.
pizza1.JPG

pizza6.jpg

pizza7.jpg

Those look great! Where do you get the 7/11 crushed tomatoes? I have heard great things about it.

When we are at the PA house in NEPA we try to fire up the blue rooster wood fired oven.
View attachment 691099
View attachment 691100
View attachment 691101
(Restaurant Supply) has 711 and most everything that Stanislaus makes in #10 size cans, 711 is 100% legit, you won't find any better, period.
Not even the fancy imported Italian tomatoes, that cost 10x more than 711.

• Love
Reactions: ceeaton
(Restaurant Supply) has 711 and most everything that Stanislaus makes in #10 size cans, 711 is 100% legit, you won't find any better, period.
Not even the fancy imported Italian tomatoes, that cost 10x more than 711.
is that webstaurantstore.com? I don't think restaurant depot here has them.

View attachment 691099
View attachment 691100
View attachment 691101
Restaurant Store, my wife got me a membership there, but you can walk off the street and buy stuff, just don't get the 5% or so discount and can't order online (I order 50 lb bags of KA Lancelot hi-gluten flour for long ferment crusts). Where in NEPA?

Restaurant Store, my wife got me a membership there, but you can walk off the street and buy stuff, just don't get the 5% or so discount and can't order online (I order 50 lb bags of KA Lancelot hi-gluten flour for long ferment crusts). Where in NEPA?
Lackawaxen, PA the community is Masthope. Lake Wallenpaupac and Honesdale are the only thing people might of heard of that is reasonably close (45 min).

Lackawaxen, PA the community is Masthope. Lake Wallenpaupac and Honesdale are the only thing people might of heard of that is reasonably close (45 min).
Yea, I've been to Wallenpaupac a few times, like that area. My Mom grew up in Kingston PA (Wilkes-Barre).

Reactions: clifish
Ah, I've heard of Lackawaxen, PA! Wallenpaupac is a beautiful area. It's neat that your mom has ties to Kingston, PA. Speaking of connections, have you tried any restaurant sydney? There's such a diverse culinary scene there, always worth exploring!

Last edited:
Korean BBQ on the smoker sounds like a flavor explosion waiting to happen. Imagine tossing marinated bulgogi beef or spicy gochujang chicken onto the smoker, then layering on all the classic Korean fixings like kimchi, pickled veggies, and fluffy white rice. I've seen this in korean restaurant auckland Forget the greasy takeout containers, this would be backyard Korean BBQ with a smoky twist – a Seoul food sensation!

Korean BBQ on the smoker sounds like a flavor explosion waiting to happen. Imagine tossing marinated bulgogi beef or spicy gochujang chicken onto the smoker, then layering on all the classic Korean fixings like kimchi, pickled veggies, and fluffy white rice. I've seen this in korean restaurant auckland Forget the greasy takeout containers, this would be backyard Korean BBQ with a smoky twist – a Seoul food sensation!
Now, don't get me wrong, pizza is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, but sometimes you gotta step outside the proverbial box (or smoker, in this case). This smoky Korean BBQ could be a fun twist on pizza night, especially if you have adventurous eaters.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky