Pizza Casserole - who knew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice! I'd try that in a second!
Thanks Steve
Here is something I did awhile back. Kinda similar.
I love it!!! I think the raviolis would work perfectly.

Chris

Now that would hit the spot for sure Chris, and I can see all the cheese in your plated shot. Heaven

David
Appreciate it David, I may go with a fresher mozz next time. I'd like to get a tad more pull on the cheese part.
Funny you would say that, My son called the other night and told me about on TicToc I think people are making upside down Pizza with the crust on top

Have not looked it up yet , so not sure

David
Isn't social media great for some things. You get to see what other folks around the country/world are eating.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice cook . That's one that you can't stop eating I bet .
Thanks Rich, I tried to squeeze another bowl in but apparently my eyes are bigger then my stomach.

Nice! I created a "pizza pasta casserole" a couple years ago and its outstanding.

Mine is a crossover. A casserole like lasagna with pizza toppings we like; Italian sausage, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, black olives, pickled jalapenos and marinara sauce. People have been doing pizza casseroles for a long time, but I had no idea when I created my recipe!

I like to microwave the pepperoni carefully on some paper towels a bit before adding so it doesn't leach out quite as much liquid fat in to the casserole. I messed up last time and just mixed everything together instead of topping the casserole all pretty-like with the pepperoni and jalapenos but it was still delicious.

I made a pizza pasta casserole, a beef stroganoff casserole and a ham mac-N-cheese casserole before the spring became summer heat this year; cut them up in to portions, froze them individually on a sheet pan and vac sealed them and we enjoyed "easy button" meals all summer! Just finished the last of the stroganoff last night and now I'm ready for casserole and stew season again! I smell gumbo coming...
Thanks chef k-dude, I've had many types of casseroles before, but this was the first time I've heard of pizza. I went with the pizza sauce in this one for a different flavor than a normal ragu/marinara. One change I will be making is somewhat along your thinking about pre-cooking the pepperoni. I'm gonna add some small nuggets of fried stick pepperoni to the dish. I'm thinking cutting the pepperoni into 1/4" slices and then cuting the slices into eighths. Then giving them a quick fry. A good portion of the store bought sliced pepperoni's stuck to each other and the ham. Keeping them separated and evenly distributed throughout the dish was a little bit of work.

Chris

I'd like to get a tad more pull on the cheese part

Yes that's why I love a good Mozza

1700477872861.png

David

Now that's what I'm talking about David.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Just saw this Chris, bookmarked! It certainly can be made in any direction. I will wait till June until you can fire up the kettle again...lol
Thanks Cliff. Let us know what direction you go. I'll be doing another one in the spring, and have already started jotting down little changes.

Chris

Hell yeah. I’ve still got a bunch of pepperoni vac sealed for this.

Reactions: gmc2003
Hell yeah. I’ve still got a bunch of pepperoni vac sealed for this.
Cool beans Loyd it makes for a great change of pace to the old reliable casserole dishes we all grew up with.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky