Klose smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeremcol719

Original poster
May 13, 2024
Thinking of picking this up for 2K. Does this look like a good deal?

Attachments

• IMG_4145.png
    IMG_4145.png
    449.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4142.png
    IMG_4142.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4146.png
    IMG_4146.png
    477.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4147.png
    IMG_4147.png
    529.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4148.png
    IMG_4148.png
    271.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4144.png
    IMG_4144.png
    277.2 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: FritzHlzr
If that's a deluxe pipe smoker then it retails for close to 5K. So on paper it sounds like a great deal depending on shape. I haven't heard anything about Klose smokers either way as far as quality and smoking, but retail price wise it sounds like a bargain.

Chris

Reactions: jeremcol719
I agree with Chris, sounds like a decent price.
Can't tell from pictures, but I think my only concern would be if the firebox was rusted out anywhere.

First cook!!! Excited! Would y’all have the coals on that bottom grate or on the actual bottom
Of the firebox?

Attachments

• IMG_4190.jpeg
    IMG_4190.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: flatbroke
Congrats on aa great deal and quality smoker. But what's first on the maiden cook ?

Keith
Just biscuits and four chicken thighs for tonight😂. I’m heading up to Fort Collins on Saturday to grab a truck full of seasoned oak and I’ll knock out some ribs this weekend! This thing is not easy to get up to temp

Just biscuits and four chicken thighs for tonight😂. I’m heading up to Fort Collins on Saturday to grab a truck full of seasoned oak and I’ll knock out some ribs this weekend! This thing is not easy to get up to temp
But once it is there it will hold well with that steel. Make adjustments on temp IE airflow and wood carefully until you get used to it. Easy to overshoot

This thing is not easy to get up to temp
Start by putting lit charcoal (half a chimney) in, Then put 4 or 5 splits on (crosshatched)... Leave door open untill they flame up good... Close door and open vents wide open... Let this burn down to coals... You will be way over temp at this point... Spray inside of CC with a light spray from your hose (Be careful, it will steam and could burn you) and close lid (quickly) ... This in turn does two things... Lowers temps and steam cleans the interior of the CC... Now throw a split on and adjust vents and your ready to go...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky