What is your opinion of PIT BOSS PRO SERIES II 850?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome home, I have a PB AustinLX and the son has a PB vertical, no problems with either in 5-6 years, works great if I do my part.

I have a Pit Boss 1100SC only issue I've had is the heating rod stopped working. Not a big deal I just start it with a torch. These things are very versatile.

Reactions: JLeonard
SiL has an older Cabelas rebranded PB and nothing but trouble.
2 control units and auger drive motor replaced under warranty.
It still breaks the auger drive bolt about every other use.
It must be a fluke unit, because they are still in business.

SiL has an older Cabelas rebranded PB and nothing but trouble.
2 control units and auger drive motor replaced under warranty.
It still breaks the auger drive bolt about every other use.
It must be a fluke unit, because they are still in business.
I don't understand your response. Your comment has nothing to do with the model number referenced in my post. Why would I care about someone's rebranded, older PB rig? I asked specifically about the PIT BOSS PRO SERIES II 850

Looks like someone doesnt value the input of others. Granted it wasn’t your specific model but still good info. Hopefully your model will perform to your expectations and you won’t have issues with it. Several long standing members here use the PB units without trouble. When you get your unit assembled and do your first cook perhaps you’ll give us your impression.

Jim

Reactions: JIMSMOKES and JCAP
My

what a harsh reply to long time forum member from a newbie. All he did was give you some feedback on the Cabelas PB.
I get what he did. I just don't understand the reason for a reply? Sorry, but this is similar to being in a forum about cars, and asking for an opinion about a 2023 Chevy Traverse, and instead, getting a reply about a 2019 Chevy Camaro. It was not my intention to be harsh, and if it came across that way, I certainly apologize. When one posts or texts, the tone of the texts can be misinterpreted.

I get what he did. I just don't understand the reason for a reply? Sorry, but this is similar to being in a forum about cars, and asking for an opinion about a 2023 Chevy Traverse, and instead, getting a reply about a 2019 Chevy Camaro. It was not my intention to be harsh, and if it came across that way, I certainly apologize. When one posts or texts, the tone of the texts can be misinterpreted.
No offense taken. I apologize for not being able to answer your question.
Yes I was mixing the reviews and should have finished my comments.
I shopped Pit Boss products for a few years and wasn't impressed by any of the models.
The Danson customer service to my SiL was pathetic. The unit should have been replaced.
I hope the quality is better these days.
I wish you luck with your unit.

Reactions: JIMSMOKES
No offense taken. I apologize for not being able to answer your question.
Yes I was mixing the reviews and should have finished my comments.
I shopped Pit Boss products for a few years and wasn't impressed by any of the models.
The Danson customer service to my SiL was pathetic. The unit should have been replaced.
I hope the quality is better these days.
I wish you luck with your unit.
Hey, it is all good. Life is WAY, WAY too short to worry about stuff like this. We are all here for one reason - the love of bbq, food, & cooking. Peace

No worries, we all get a little wonky at times.

First cook

Attachments

• 20240223_184500.jpg
    20240223_184500.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240223_184505.jpg
    20240223_184505.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 7
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky