Jeff's corn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mama's smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 9, 2010
Austin, TX
I just read Jeff's newsletter about corn, potatoes, and cabbage.  Love the idea about the rub/butter combo.  Jeff, when you apply the butter every 30 minutes, do you pull the husks down or do you put the butter right on the husks.  Sorry I'm confused.  I've smoked corn and put the butter on before pulling up the husks.  I also cut off the top couple of inches and use twist ties to tie the top of the husks.  Perhaps that is not necessary.

I did some corn a few weeks back. Pulled husks back, de-silked, brushed on some butter with a silicon basting brush, seasoned with Old Bay, pulled husks back up and tied tops. Into a 225° smoker for 2 hrs, came out awesome.

Yes, that is how I do them, but I don't butter them during the smoke. Jeff mentioned buttering ever 30 minutes.  I was just wondering if he pulls back the husks to butter them.  And I really don't like opening my smoker that often during a smoke.

O.K.,one more time. A different method of smoking Corn is with no Butter, but with Mayonaisse.

I pull the husk back,smear(smear) Mayo. all over the ear and cover back up then roast an hour at225*f.They are scrumptious,no butter needed,maybe sime S/P.

I've even heard of Italian dressing, instead of butter.  I haven't tried it......yet, but I do plan to try it this summer.

O.K.,one more time. A different method of smoking Corn is with no Butter, but with Mayonaisse.

I pull the husk back,smear(smear) Mayo. all over the ear and cover back up then roast an hour at225*f.They are scrumptious,no butter needed,maybe sime S/P.

That sounds good!

I generally don't open the smoker much but I do for the corn since I feel like it is worth it.. I pull the husks back, brush on the butter then pull the husks back over the corn.

Delicious!!

I've even heard of Italian dressing, instead of butter.  I haven't tried it......yet, but I do plan to try it this summer.
That is my standard method. I usually just fully shuck the corn and put it in a ziploc with a cup of Zest Italian dressing, let it marinade for 2-6 hrs, then either hot grill it or smoke it. Comes out super tastey, and you don't need any other seasonings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky