Jalapeno Amish Mustard Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Like they say in Lancaster County

Ya.

20220723_141412.jpg

20220723_144206.jpg

20220723_144150.jpg

Looking good! I did a few half gallon batches a month or so back. My wife and I then eat them continually until we need a break from then lol.

12 hard boiled eggs
1thinly sliced medium sweet onion

Mustard Pickling
4 cups water
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. kosher salt
3 tbsp. prepared mustard PYM
1 tbsp. mustard seed
1/8 tsp celery seed
2 tsp. turmeric - OPTIONAL but gives some flavor and coloring.
4 drops yellow food color OPT
1 small jalapeno
Combine above ingredients (except eggs) in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat to slightly cool. Place hard boiled eggs and sliced onions in lidded jar/container. Pour mustard pickling mixture over eggs and onions. Place in refrigerator for 10-14 days. Give a swish every day to make sure everything is coated.

Thanks for your recipe BGKY. I had heard of a recipe that used mustard, (The recipe i use doesn't use mustard), and I've been curious.

I love a pickled egg and will give your recipe a shot soon.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: JLeonard
I’ve never had a pickled egg any kind. I always say I need to try making some but I never seem to remember. I’ll bookmark but I bet I still forget. Maybe the mustard flavor will help as I love mustard on eggs.

When we lived in Lancaster county PA, Pickled eggs were all over in the stores and farmers mkts. Not very popular when we lived in GA and FL.

Reactions: JLeonard
As they say in Lancaster & Berks Counties, in PA, "Get to know what Good Is Wonst" !! And Lehigh & Bucks.

I may not live in the South, but my favorite War Movie is "Sgt York".

Bear

I love pickled eggs, so a couple of years ago I made a batch of these Amish pickled eggs. They sounded like a winner, and a lot of people loved them.
They were definitely tasty, but IMO they just couldn't compete with your standard version of pickled egg.
But that's just me saying. Yours look great!
Gary

Those look great Rick!
Have you tried using the Ball Jar vac attachment to pickle them faster? My pickles used to take 6 weeks in the brine, but with the vacuum they only take 5 days.
Al

Reactions: Plinsc
12 hard boiled eggs
1thinly sliced medium sweet onion

Mustard Pickling
4 cups water
1 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp. kosher salt
3 tbsp. prepared mustard PYM
1 tbsp. mustard seed
1/8 tsp celery seed
2 tsp. turmeric - OPTIONAL but gives some flavor and coloring.
4 drops yellow food color OPT
1 small jalapeno
Combine above ingredients (except eggs) in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.

Thanks for sharing the recipe Rick. Muchly appreciated.
Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat to slightly cool. Place hard boiled eggs and sliced onions in lidded jar/container. Pour mustard pickling mixture over eggs and onions. Place in refrigerator for 10-14 days. Give a swish every day to make sure everything is coated.

Thanks for the recipe Rick. Much appreciated.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky