It's Fryday! Chicken and waffle fries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
This started out by finally finding a XXL mandolin that can properly make waffle fries.

I sliced up four potatoes, rinsed then boiled them for a few minutes. Dried them off them put them in the freezer for and hour.

chicken_waffle_frys_002.jpg

Before that I had sliced chicken breasts in half and brined them in 1 cup dill pickle juice, 1 cup of water, 1tsp Accent(MSG) and 2 tsp sugar. They sat in the fridge for 2 hours.

chicken_waffle_frys_001.jpg

All prepped and ready to go. I used the Korean fried chicken batter since it is perfectly seasoned.

chicken_waffle_frys_003.jpg

All the Fryday goodness.

chicken_waffle_frys_004.jpg

The chicken sandwich with special sauce (mayo, mustard and Hawaiian BBQ sauce) Dill pickle, chicken white cheddar cheese, lettuce, bean sprouts and tomato on a brioche bun. The Korean fried chicken batter is perfect for this. It is extra crunchy and flavorful.

chicken_waffle_frys_005.jpg

Wow does that meal look delicious!! My wife won’t let me fry food inside due to the smell and the mess I make. Could do it in the garage though. Will be on the lookout for that Korean batter. Looks tasty. I might try it on fish too

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Wow does that meal look delicious!! My wife won’t let me fry food inside due to the smell and the mess I make. Could do it in the garage though. Will be on the lookout for that Korean batter. Looks tasty. I might try it on fish too

If you are lucky enough to have an Asian market near you the batter is much cheaper than Amazon, if not Amazon does have it. Luckily we have a large one 20 miles away so I can get it when we are in the area. My wife and I and everyone we have shared it with love it. I am sure it would go great with fish as well. I made a KFC Korean Fried Chicken post a few months ago with more details.
2023_04_15_kfc_001.jpg

My wife came home from work and it got her approval as well. She said it's better than that Fil-A place. It also made a great breakfast. 10 minutes in the Air Fryer oven at 360* for the chicken and waffle fries..

chicken_waffle_frys_006.jpg

PS. We bought some Olive Garden ranch dressing at Walmart and we both think it is the best store bought ranch we have tried.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky