A chicken idea

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
Last night as I finished off a jar of Sweet and Spicy dry roasted peanuts which are my current favorite I got to the bottom and noticed an unusual amount of dust at the bottom. I thought that might make a great seasoning for the chicken thighs I just bought.

2024_crumb_chicken_001.jpg

Then this morning I was up early making myself a rare breakfast and as I was pouring the bacon drippings into a bowl for disposal a light bulb came on again. I got out the chicken thighs and dipped them in the bacon fat then into the peanut dust. I did this to half then made a Hawaiian type marinade for the rest.

Later I fired up the pit with Mesquite and Hickory then cooked them up along with some fresh pineapple.

2024_crumb_chicken_002.jpg

It looked and smelled great but after a large breakfast I wasn't real hungry. Still I had to try it out.

2024_crumb_chicken_003.jpg

Oh yes, I will no longer toss out the dust at the end of a jar. I will save it for the next round of chicken. The Hawaiian style came out pretty good as well.

2024_crumb_chicken_004.jpg

Peanut dust much like cereal dust is mm mm good. Nice looking chicken West Coast Chris.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky