Italian Sausage Kabobs (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Apparently there is no correct spelling for "kabobs" so I'm just making this up. They were still really good!! Wanted to do something a bit different and hadn't done kabobs in a long time. Used to do them regularly but they kinda fell out of the rotation. I've never seen or made them with Italian sausage so this just seemed like an interesting idea and I went with it.

Homemade sweet Italian sausage
001.jpg

Went through the fridge and got out a bunch of veggies
002.jpg

Sausage and veggies all cut up
003.jpg

All are built the same except one. It has the rest of the stuff that was left when I started running out of goodies. Sprinkled with a little bit of Italian herbs
004.jpg

Yellow squash, zucchini, shallots, and green onions. Add a bit of garlic EVOO and another sprinkle of the Italian herbs
006.jpg

Everybody in the pool
007.jpg

008.jpg

Kabobs all done
010.jpg

Plated with kabobs on a bed of rice pilaf and the Italian veggie medley on the side
012.jpg

Out to the patio to enjoy a beautiful evening in the Texas Hill Country...and a foot shot for AZ John :emoji_laughing:
014.jpg

These were fantastic!! Part of that is the length of time since last making them, and partly just because they were really good :emoji_wink: I could have eaten a wheelbarrow full of those Bon Bon tomatoes. Something about them being cooked just to where they are starting to soften up really appeals to me. I'm also a huge fan of the charred onions. I could eat them by the train carload too. Add in the peppers and sausage, it's an unbeatable flavor combination. I was happy with these and will probably start making all sorts of different versions of kabobs again. The options are limitless.

See y'all on the next one...which may be tomorrow if this weird dinner I'm planning comes out as I hope it does.

Robert

Looks pretty darned good from where I'm sitting Robert! I'd probably have to call them something else tho, maybe "meat and stuff on a stick". Wouldn't want folks thinking I was cooking my dog. RAY

• Haha
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
I love kabobs! Nice easy cook and always delicious! I'll have to try some sausage like that sometime!

Haven't made kabobs in a while. Just added it to my meal plan for next week. Thanks for the reminder and good job!

Robert those kabobs look really good! I make them more in the summer months, never considered using sausage.

I’m gonna put this one on my list.

Looks great. And I bet they were delicious. I just might have to do some this week-end. Thanks for the idea.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky