I Started My Small Smoke House

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How about elevating it on a nice storage box for sundries and for "no stooping" comfort? Better than legs. 

Thanks again for the nice comments!  I put a coat of stain and I can say it is now done.

f5fb41d9_IMG_2836.jpg

Like a new car, I had to pick up some accessories for it today.  25lbs of accessories!

1a01ed3b_IMG_2838.jpg

4ca3076c_IMG_2837.jpg

Thanks!  I will have it smoking 25 pounds of bacon in a few hours.  Since most of it was build from leftover items, I probably have around $175 into for plywood, aluminum and casters.  Most of the other stuff was scrap I had lying around.

bravo.png
Man that thing is nice,, I really like the wood ones some of you guys put out... I have a question tho,, what is the bottle down on the side ? and whats it do??

Bacon is smoking.  First real workout for the new smokehouse!

AMNPS fired up and ready to go with apple pellets: 

9758597e_IMG_2854.jpg

Although there shouldn't be much, if any drippings with this cold smoke, I found the perfect cover for the AMNPS...a piece of 8" aluminum step flashing: 45 cents at Lowe's.

1a5e99cb_IMG_2856.jpg

Bacon is on the smoker.  This is 25 lbs...I have room in here for a lot more meat at one time:

b6e3cbee_IMG_2860.jpg

TBS from the AMNPS:

2345c4a6_IMG_2861.jpg

Since I have plenty of apple given to me; instead of lighting the AMNPS at both ends, I decided to fire up the Smoke Daddy.  I have found if you load it right, you can also get a TBS from the Smoke Daddy as well.

e73d13ef_IMG_2863.jpg

You can barely see the smoke:

02e3f888_IMG_2864.jpg

1f0c529f_IMG_2857.jpg

18588c67_IMG_2865.jpg

bravo.png
Man that thing is nice,, I really like the wood ones some of you guys put out... I have a question tho,, what is the bottle down on the side ? and whats it do??
Thanks.  It's a Smoke Daddy smoke generator http://www.smokedaddyinc.com/  .  While the AMNPS is foolproof, and the Smoke Daddy has not gotten the best of reviews from others.  It can put out a ton of billowing, white smoke (not good)  I have found that it works very well if you load it right.  I use two or three pieces of charcoal, then a layer of small wood chips and then I fill it with small chunks, mixing in a piece of charcoal here and there. It allows me to use the free wood that I have.

That's an awesome looking smoker!

You are a very talented guy!

I would be proud to have that in my backyard!

bravo.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky