I Started My Small Smoke House

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
How about elevating it on a nice storage box for sundries and for "no stooping" comfort? Better than legs. 

Thanks again for the nice comments!  I put a coat of stain and I can say it is now done.

f5fb41d9_IMG_2836.jpg

Like a new car, I had to pick up some accessories for it today.  25lbs of accessories!

1a01ed3b_IMG_2838.jpg

4ca3076c_IMG_2837.jpg

Thanks!  I will have it smoking 25 pounds of bacon in a few hours.  Since most of it was build from leftover items, I probably have around $175 into for plywood, aluminum and casters.  Most of the other stuff was scrap I had lying around.

bravo.png
Man that thing is nice,, I really like the wood ones some of you guys put out... I have a question tho,, what is the bottle down on the side ? and whats it do??

Bacon is smoking.  First real workout for the new smokehouse!

AMNPS fired up and ready to go with apple pellets: 

9758597e_IMG_2854.jpg

Although there shouldn't be much, if any drippings with this cold smoke, I found the perfect cover for the AMNPS...a piece of 8" aluminum step flashing: 45 cents at Lowe's.

1a5e99cb_IMG_2856.jpg

Bacon is on the smoker.  This is 25 lbs...I have room in here for a lot more meat at one time:

b6e3cbee_IMG_2860.jpg

TBS from the AMNPS:

2345c4a6_IMG_2861.jpg

Since I have plenty of apple given to me; instead of lighting the AMNPS at both ends, I decided to fire up the Smoke Daddy.  I have found if you load it right, you can also get a TBS from the Smoke Daddy as well.

e73d13ef_IMG_2863.jpg

You can barely see the smoke:

02e3f888_IMG_2864.jpg

1f0c529f_IMG_2857.jpg

18588c67_IMG_2865.jpg

bravo.png
Man that thing is nice,, I really like the wood ones some of you guys put out... I have a question tho,, what is the bottle down on the side ? and whats it do??
Thanks.  It's a Smoke Daddy smoke generator http://www.smokedaddyinc.com/  .  While the AMNPS is foolproof, and the Smoke Daddy has not gotten the best of reviews from others.  It can put out a ton of billowing, white smoke (not good)  I have found that it works very well if you load it right.  I use two or three pieces of charcoal, then a layer of small wood chips and then I fill it with small chunks, mixing in a piece of charcoal here and there. It allows me to use the free wood that I have.

That's an awesome looking smoker!

You are a very talented guy!

I would be proud to have that in my backyard!

bravo.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky