Hunan Beef: A tribute To "Brian The Enabler"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Rooks velly good. Mama is the wok queen here. About once a week. i might have to share some of her work. Tonight Kung Pao chicken.
Thanks so vety vety much. I sure wish Tracy would cook once in a while but it's probably better if she stays on dish washing duty. Less likelihood of getting food poisoning. Heck, you could just have mama get her own account so she gets credit for the cooks :emoji_wink: Make a family affair out of SMF.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Got me wanting take out!!🥡 Great looking meal there....points 👍
Thanks!! Now go get you some. Take out Asian food here is not an option. Just not a place in our little town that makes decent stuff. There is a place about a mile away from the house but there's never anybody in there. I'm convinced it's a front for the Asian Mafia :emoji_laughing: They sure haven't been here for over 20 years because of the food.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Nothing wrong with any of that Robert,
Love a good feed of Asian food, so many choices, so little time.
Thanks buddy. i love Asian food but Tracy isn't a huge fan. She's enjoyed most of what I've made recently though so maybe that door is starting to open for me.
Nice job, and as a Deviant northerner
Oh....you picked up on that?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Look at that closeup!! Looks great Robert.
Thanks so muchmy friend. That close up, as you know, was just for the sake of keeping David ( DRKsmoking DRKsmoking ) happy. He is deserving of his own pic in certain threads though, probably because he has a great sense of humor and we're having a blast with this.
I love Hunan beef.
Me too!! This may have gone beyond Hunan with all the spicy stuff I put in but it was still a great base flavor and a really good meal.

Robert

Looks fantastic Robert. Nicely done you took it to a whole'nother level.
Very much appreciate it Chris. I just made it the way we like it based on a ton of reading I did. So simple yet so delicious.

Robert

Looks pretty darned tasty Robert! I'd need it in a bowl, gotta have the chopsticks when I go Asian.
Thanks my friend. I've never been able to master the chopsticks. Too many broken fingers to many times and they just don't cooperate as hard as I've tried.
This has been the hottest year on record here in the desert but don't worry, it will only get worse.
Same here...and thanks a ton for the words of encouragement :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks great Robert! I love a good Asian dish.
Thanks so much Fred. I gotta say, from a visual perspective, Mexican and Asian food is some of the best looking out there. So many vibrant colors it all just looks fantastic if properly prepared and cooked.

Robert

I’ll take two plates and a ice cold Coke Zero with it please
No problem with the two plates. The Coke Zero on the other hand you'll need to bring. Not a staple around here. Diet Coke is always on hand though as that and beer are about the only things Tracy drinks.
by the way the whole site should be called the food enabler support group….FESG….
Interesting acronym. We're working on getting a new banner for the select few who qualify. Just need to get Brian Mudd on board with the idea and approve the banners under your avatar...and yes, you're gonna get one. I've spent thousands of dollars on stuff you told me I absolutely MUST have....and there's no denying it :emoji_laughing: You sir are an enabler of the highest degree.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: civilsmoker
No problem with the two plates. The Coke Zero on the other hand you'll need to bring. Not a staple around here. Diet Coke is always on hand though as that and beer are about the only things Tracy drinks.

Interesting acronym. We're working on getting a new banner for the select few who qualify. Just need to get Brian Mudd on board with the idea and approve the banners under your avatar...and yes, you're gonna get one. I've spent thousands of dollars on stuff you told me I absolutely MUST have....and there's no denying it :emoji_laughing: You sir are an enabler of the highest degree.

Robert
Oh, well if I get a swim in the pool, I could handle the Dt Coke....LOL

And just doing my part is sharing my addiction to "things" You really did need those tools!

Thanks amigo!! This was pretty tasty, no doubt. Weird that Ann wants take out versus homemade. I've seen some of your Asian food and it has always looked outstanding.

Robert
She just wanted an easy night. The chicken and broccoli from them sucked. I think she'll reconsider the next time.

Oh, well if I get a swim in the pool, I could handle the Dt Coke....LOL
Absolutely you can get in the pool. I assume that an ice cold margarita would not fit into your schedule and that's a mandatory item in the pool. For you however, we will make an exception :emoji_wink:
And just doing my part is sharing my addiction to "things" You really did need those tools!
Well sir, you're looking at enabling a 3rd generation of people. A good friend of mine, snakehead snakehead has a son who just recently started welding school. I've extended the invite for the young man to come over and play with the toys you forced me to buy. Poor Gerald. He has no idea what you're gonna get him into :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
The chicken and broccoli from them sucked. I think she'll reconsider the next time.
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for you. You'll have to cook but at least you and Ann will get good food.

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing for you. You'll have to cook but at least you and Ann will get good food.

Robert
True. But having a decent take out is nice to have. The one I've used over the last 35 years have gone way downhill with the consistency. And repeatability for a decent meal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky