HI everyone!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bnsn

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2020
Hi! I'm new here and new to pellet grills and smoking. I've been a backyard grill guy for a long time, and have always loved BBQ and smoked meat, but just have never done it myself. I'm currently shopping for a pellet grill and hope to join in the fun!

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome from Wisconsin.

If you are looking for a pellet grill, check out the Rec Tec Bull. I don't have one but have seen one in action. What a nice unit.

JC :emoji_cat:

Welcome to SMF from Minnesota.
I'm also from MN, glad to see others here! I didn't see a MN forum in the local forum, so I assumed there weren't many.

Welcome from Wisconsin.

If you are looking for a pellet grill, check out the Rec Tec Bull. I don't have one but have seen one in action. What a nice unit.

JC :emoji_cat:
Yeah, I'd love a Rec Tec, I'm looking at them, but probably going to keep the budget lower and go with a Pitboss or something like it.

Reactions: JC in GB
A Big Ole Welcome from East Texas

Gary

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here now.

I'm looking at the Pitboss Pro 820 and 1100 at Lowe's. I've also looked at the Traeger Silverton 620 at Costco and I keep going back to looking at the Rec Tec Trailblazer (RT-340), but it just seems too small. My brother and mom both bought Traeger Pro's last summer and that's what got me looking at them. My gas grill is getting old in the tooth, and I'd like to replace it with something I can use for everything (all of these seem to be able to do the job, maybe adding GrillGrates to all but the Pitboss to get the searing done). I've also looked at GMG and Camp Chef and even the Cuisinart at Walmart too. Honestly they all have their plusses and minuses, but the majority of them would work. Rec Tec seems to be the most highly recommended, and the Stampede (RT-590) would be great, but it is more than I want to spend right now (especially when you add a cover and GrillGrates).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky