Help, ribs are burning, Brinkmann Upright Propane

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  They turned out pretty good (pic below).  Not my best, but my wife and boys loved them, so it all worked out.  Went down good with a cold beer and some Mexican Street corn.  Required a LOT of babysitting, constantly opening the doors,  putting ice in the drip pan, etc.  Still was around 290ish the whole time.  At one point, I had to run inside for about a half hour.  Went back out, and the bottom door had swung completely open.  I don't know how long it was open, but it was still at about 271!  Anyway, thanks for all the advice, guys.  I think I need to do some mods real quick here (supposed to do a whole butt next weekend for a family picnic).

7a38269c_yum.jpg
They look great Bro ! I sure wouldn't mind having that corn recipe...please

Sure thing.  Basically, cook the corn.  This time I roasted it in the oven (preheated to 400, smeared butter on the corn, salted, peppered and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes).

(this is for about 4 - 6 ears)

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 + 1/2 cups Queso Fresco, crumbled or Cotija or Parmesan cheese, grated

4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced (or parsley if you don't like cilantro, like me)

4 teaspoons chile powder

Lime wedges

While the corn's still hot, grab an ear, brush it with mayonnaise, sprinkle it with the cheese/cilantro/chile powder.  Press it into the corn to help it stick to it.  If you want, sprinkle a little more salt/pepper.  Serve it with a lime wedge.

In the picture, I used a Mexican blend of cheese, was all I had at the time.  Worked great.

As alelover said, check your thermometer in boiling water.  I read a few reviews on your smoker, and several people indicated the themo was off by as much as 50 degrees.  You may want to consider investing into a digital thermo.  Make a big difference.  Good luck, and thanks for the corn recipe!  My wife and kids will love that.

I have the same one. Once you get the needle valve you will be good. I run at 225 no problem. No other mods.
Though, when I get a chance Im going to gasket the door. many Low and slow cooks take a lot longer than they should.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same Brinkmann that you have. I had Brinkmann send me a new regulator, and that didn't help. Through this form I read that you can control the heat after lighting it be turning the control knob from the light/start position back towards the off position. This will decrease the amount of gas entering the burner. It takes some experimentation to find the spot needed at the time, but I can say it worked like a champ on my last smoke. Hope this helps.

Cptn_Jon

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky