HEAVENS T'BETSY!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tanglefoot

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2012
PLAINVIEW MN
Stopped at Sam's after work today lookin' for a eye-o-round roast for sammie meat fixins. $7.99/LB!!! Is it just me? Years ago I used to buy those to slice into breakfast steaks for about half that!!! (not THAT many years ago...don't want to be dating myself!).

I ventured out into the Valley of Death today and while out I looked at eye of round to make dried beef. Priced at $6.99/lb. Uhhh, no thanks. The dried beef can wait till things get a little more normal.

Reactions: fivetricks
Unless you are buying a cow from farmer these prices are her to stay quite awhile I am afraid. Our local Sams and GFS in Ohio May have had 10 solid pieces of beef total. Been that way over a week. Stores like Meijer and Savealot that cut their own have a bigger selection.

I'm sad about the meat shortage, but if this is what it takes for these smaller " groceries" to start cutting their own meat again, then I am all for it.

Ground chuck was about $5.00 yesterday, going to grind deer meat next time I want some, glad I have it to use when wanted or needed

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky