meat shopping Thursday. win dick-me butt alert.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Thursday is my day to scan sales papers. Best find this week is $.99/lb Boston butt at our Winn-dick-me.
Haven't seen sizes or quality. Sales differ in different markets. Also looking for an eye-round to whip up some deli roast beef..

I have gotten to the point where I won't even bother with that store. At least they stopped calling themselves, "The Beef People". No butchers in sight.

Reactions: Retired Spook
I have gotten to the point where I won't even bother with that store. At least they stopped calling themselves, "The Beef People". No butchers in sight.
Butchers... in ANY grocery store or supermarket... 😂

You must be OLD, man.

I actually remember when there were actual butcher shops, and the meat cutters in the supermarkets were good solid citizens...

Reactions: mr mac
Dang the ones up here are $2.69/lb this week in the ad. Wish I was closer.

I think our Sam's Club cuts quite a bit in house too. I know they do prime rib grind after they trim up tomahawks.
Maybe I misunderstood? To me, a butcher is a guy that I can ask for a specific cut - for instance, a full 2-inch Porterhouse steak - and he will do it, presuming he has the stock. I never experienced that in a Sam's Club, but I have seen meat cutters behind the glass window preparing packages.

Not trying to be argumentative at all, but man I wish there were still real butchers around. If you were a good reliable customer you could get some awesome steaks.

Reactions: fxsales1959
Maybe I misunderstood? To me, a butcher is a guy that I can ask for a specific cut - for instance, a full 2-inch Porterhouse steak - and he will do it, presuming he has the stock. I never experienced that in a Sam's Club, but I have seen meat cutters behind the glass window preparing packages.

Not trying to be argumentative at all, but man I wish there were still real butchers around. If you were a good reliable customer you could get some awesome steaks.
Our Savealot will do that as long as they have what you want when the butchers in , 9-5. I've had tomahawks fresh cut at Sam's. I also have the luxury of at least 3 actual butcher shops around me that will custom cut damn near anything. Gotta love rural America!

Our Savealot will do that as long as they have what you want when the butchers in , 9-5. I've had tomahawks fresh cut at Sam's. I also have the luxury of at least 3 actual butcher shops around me that will custom cut damn near anything. Gotta love rural America!
One might think that with all the cowboy and cattle-ranch talk in Texas, butcher shops and good quality reasonably priced beef, would be everywhere...

You must be OLD, man.

I actually remember when there were actual butcher shops, and the meat cutters in the supermarkets were good solid citizens...
ONE of the FEW things I miss about Indiana... locker plants and butcher shops. When I owned my bar I went to the butcher on Monday and put in my order. Still had to buy my pollock and breaded tenderloins from Sysco and the like.

The closest W-D is also $2.69/# for butt
But
They do have top round (London broil) for $3.99/# That makes better deli style for my taste than eye. I don't care for the texture of eye.

You must be OLD, man.

That's why I shop at Publix. They will do the best to fill your order.
The only item they will not sell me the pork fat they trim and toss in the dumpster.

You must be OLD, man.

Here in Pensacola, and where we used to live in Apollo Beach, Florida, there are stand alone butcher shops. Where we live now, there are several cattle processors and butcher shops.

We're setting up our property to raise two steers, three little pigs, and dozens of meat chickens for our own use. Talk about quality control!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky