Ham question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mkorish

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 18, 2016
How can i tell if a ham has been precooked? It was giving to me from someone that got a half hog but he's not sure if it's cooked or smoked.

Don't have a clue, but if it's already smoked, then a second smoke will just make it better.
And if it is not smoked then it needs to be cooked to an IT of at least 145 to be safe.
So when in doubt, just smoke it.
Al

Chances are you got a “fresh” ham incured and not smoked if it came from half animal. Do like SmokinAl says and smoke that sucker!

Yea.. if it was from a fresh half... then chances are it hasn't been cured yet to make it a ham... otherwise it will just be pulled pork... do you know if it's been cured ??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky