Gretchen Update

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Anybody who knows me knows Gretchen. She goes everywhere with me. She is the sweetest dog ever. She has degenerative myelopathy. I expected to lose her by a couple months ago but I have been doing cold Laser Therapy on her back. She still here and is doing pretty amazing considering. Here she is at river today telling herself she can catch that cat. She gave it her best.

20231005_123946.jpg

I just love the unconditional love that a dog has with is favorite human.

You Brian have done right by Gretchen, and she knows that. God love you both.

And mister cat , she has your number especially in Gretchen's mind, lol. Your day will come. :emoji_sunglasses: ha ha

David

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm going through the same thing with my 12 yo pug. She's losing control of her back legs. Its degenerative. I'm taking it a day at a time and enjoying her while she's with me.

Do you think the Laser Therapy helps ? I don't recall our vet talking to us about that. She has a fused vertebrae that her body is trying to heal by building up calcium around that area and its cutting off her spinal cord.

I'm going through the same thing with my 12 yo pug. She's losing control of her back legs. Its degenerative. I'm taking it a day at a time and enjoying her while she's with me.

Do you think the Laser Therapy helps ? I don't recall our vet talking to us about that. She has a fused vertebrae that her body is trying to heal by building up calcium around that area and its cutting off her spinal cord.
I been through this before and I can say it is helping big time. I not even seen her foot turn over in a while now but I did start this as soon as I knew what was happening. I started twice a week for few weeks than once a week until I seen improvement and now doing every other week. When they started using the big laser is when I started seeing improvement. It also really helps with healing. They actually did not even charge me 4 times in a row recently but somehow I did not feel right about it and couple weeks ago when she waved me on I told her I wanted to buy a six pack. It not going to stop it but really slows it down.

Search for dog degenerative myelopathy laser therapy

Reactions: Smokin Okie
What is the cost ?

I have two neighbors who've gone through surgery with their dogs and they both advise against it. Said it was expensive and just delayed the inevitable.

But this laser therapy sounds like something that might help my pug.

Glad to see the improvement Brian.
Smokin Okie Smokin Okie , sorry to hear that of your sweet girl. Its always heart breaking when they start getting weak in the backend. Have been thru it twice.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
Brian, that is so awesome that she’s doing better… awesome dogs and awesome owners… that’s the way it should be man…. Best friends!

Brian , great job on improving her life and keeping her going . I remember when it wasn't a sure bet on the outcome .

Glad to hear of the improvement, Brian. We went through something similar last year. Turns out our beloved Sassy broke her hips and was too far gone at 15 years old. You must be so happy I can imagine, that she's doing better. We also have a 14 yr old that's doing OK. We count every day with him as a Blessing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky