Smoked Picanha: Braving The Heat For Alpha Brat (Mega Food & Pet Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
we are living in the "Ninth Circle of Hell" right now.
This just crazy Robert. We pushing the electric grid to the max yet they just keep on building. Surprised they arre not doing rolling blackouts. This might be a good time to break out that pasta maker. I sure miss your pasta posts! I bought a cheap counter top one to try on my keto flour. So far that flour working pretty good by it pretty expensive to make. I pretty much just stick to low carb during the week days. Weekends are free! I have some boneless skinless chicken thighs brining. Still trying to decided what to do with them. Wanted to just do a Asian shake and bake in the oven but ERCOT won't like me turning on the oven.

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Robert that is some tasty grub my friend!

Good times with the fam as well!

:emoji_laughing: Sir Robert - the Ninth Circle of Hell is from Dante's Divine Comedy (aka Dante's Inferno (Inferno = Hell)) - The Ninth Circle is the bottom of the pit - it is where Wall Street CEO's and all politicians wind up :emoji_laughing:
Well well, thanks very much for the clarification. Now I know better what you've been referencing. I'd heard of Dante's Inferno but had no idea what it was or the meaning behind it. I will say however that the past couple months I've felt as if I were living the afterlife of a CEO or politician, although I don't fall into either category :emoji_laughing:
Sounds like Texas to me - but the book is a good read, in my humble opinion.
Yes sir, it does. Even more so to me now that I understand the reference.
Another masterpiece cook, as usual, and a beautiful family!
Thank you for the kind words. Gotta be honest, I'm missing the masterpiece cooks we have all come to enjoy from you. I know and understand why you've not been cooking but I still miss them :emoji_wink: You're quite the master with a piece of beef.

Robert

White Claw sounds pretty badass! But I’m a Ranch Water guy now.
You know the White Claw was a joke, kinda like your PMS bowls :emoji_laughing: Although I've not tried it, people are saying some good things about the Ranch Water. Not sure but I think it's made somewhere in TX.
All joking aside, that is one incredible looking meal and that roast is done to pure perfection!
Very much appreciate it my friend. I manage to get lucky once in a while and get a piece of beef done the way I like it.
Looks like the doggos had a good time too with all the love and spoiling.
Oh yes they did...all but Bianca. Courtney's pups loved the big fenced back yard to run and the top step of the pool to cool off. Bianca was smarter than all of us and stayed inside with the AC going.
I walked outside this morning to go to work and thought it was pretty chilly.
I know what you mean. Driving into work yesterday I went down into one of the canyons and the temp dropped to 81 and I was almost cold. Didn't last long though. As soon as I topped the hill getting out of the canyon it went back up to 93....and this is at 4:30 in the morning.

Robert

What a great way to take care of the Brats! Well done Dad.
Thank you Matt for the kind words sir. Was a decent meal and a good time with Courtney and her pups.
Ooo, Picanha- definitely my favorite cut.
Yep. I remember a conversation we had in a thread a few years ago. Now that I can get these wholesale they have become our favorite, even better than the tenderloins. At the price point I am able to get these for, I'll never be without them. A lot of folks are paying ore for ground beef than I pay for the picanha roasts. There are drawbacks of course but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Robert

Reactions: schlotz
This just crazy Robert. We pushing the electric grid to the max yet they just keep on building.
Yes sir, you are correct. OVer the past 4 or 5 years the population has over tripled in this area. Now everybody is crying about the impact on the lake (where our water comes from) and the strain it's putting on the whole infrastructure. Our elected "leaders" can certainly be a bunch of bone-headed morons sometimes. Allow something to happen then start screaming CRISIS over what they allowed. Idiots.
This might be a good time to break out that pasta maker. I sure miss your pasta posts!
Ok ok...you've mentioned this a couple times now :emoji_laughing: I'll get the pasta maker out tomorrow and do something fun and creative. At least I'll try. Been thinking through something that may be fun....but then again it cold be a disaster too.
Weekends are free!
YAY!! Time to put together a nice plate of your finest for a TD entry :emoji_wink:
I have some boneless skinless chicken thighs brining. Still trying to decided what to do with them. Wanted to just do a Asian shake and bake in the oven but ERCOT won't like me turning on the oven.
I know it's hot but man oh man, you do turn out some good food on that Char Griller (or whatever brand it is) so that'd be my first suggestion.

Robert

Robert that is some tasty grub my friend!
Thank you buddy. I truly appreciate it.
Good times with the fam as well!
Yes it was. Sure nice to see Courtney. When Candice finishes up her pHd in a couple months we are gonna pull out all the stops for her and have a major blowout party.

Robert

Well well, thanks very much for the clarification. Now I know better what you've been referencing. I'd heard of Dante's Inferno but had no idea what it was or the meaning behind it. I will say however that the past couple months I've felt as if I were living the afterlife of a CEO or politician, although I don't fall into either category :emoji_laughing:

Yes sir, it does. Even more so to me now that I understand the reference.

Thank you for the kind words. Gotta be honest, I'm missing the masterpiece cooks we have all come to enjoy from you. I know and understand why you've not been cooking but I still miss them :emoji_wink: You're quite the master with a piece of beef.

Robert
:emoji_laughing: Glad you understand the reference better and enjoy my cynical humor! I love philosophy - not that pointy-headed bolshevik college professor hogwash, but the real stuff.

It's going to be a while before I am willing to sit outside and tend fire or smoker. I have been watching the forecasts and there is no relief in sight. It may be a while before the climate swings back to conditions more suitable for human life - I hope I live long enough to see it.

I wonder if the Comanche did rain dances, or did they just ride north 😂

So nice that you got to see your daughter again! But I'm gonna be honest... I scrolled through to see the dog pics first! Then I noticed the gravy ( imagine that catching my attention!) ... was there something mentioned about some meat too?

I'm just messing with ya! Meat looks great as well! One of our local grocers just started having it in stock, I need to get one and try it.

Ryan

Beautiful color on the picanha Robert. The whole meal looks most excellent.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky