Grad Party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I thought I took a picture of round two finished last night, cant find it. Of course it was about 1am. Back at it today!

Lookin' great Furm! Like John said pour that fat back into the meat, better than any finishing sauce.

I 'd give just about anything to be where you are.
Going to be 113º here the next few days, if you aren't setup and ready for it, can be miserable. We love it! RAY

1654887048242.png

Beers are good, meats looking good and weather is good (78 and mostly sunny)
16548886560736928032552465261265.jpg

Thanks everyone for the likes and support. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sven Svensson
Nice of you for cooking, I'm in for the finish...
Its family, Im ready to help. The grad is my cousins daughter. The grads sister works with myself and another cousin of mine at my cousins tropical fish store. Then again i did agree to do this after work after my cousins husband brought the beer. 😂

Reactions: Nefarious
Good looking shoulders there!

This is how I do them. I will run them out of the pan for 3-4 hours and then pan them uncovered. You get all of the wonderful juice. Defat it and add it back into the pulled meat. Cant go wrong. Juicy and flavorful.

Everything looks great so far! Going to have some happy people.

not tying to hijack but I've never done this before. How does one defat the juice? Strainer or similar type of device?

not tying to hijack but I've never done this before. How does one defat the juice? Strainer or similar type of device?
Please hijack away! I take my dripping in a mason jar and turn it upside down in the fridge. Let the fat settle to the top. Bottom rightside up but top rightside up. Skim the fat off and reheat the good stuff! Hope that helps.

Reactions: snadamo
Round three resting waiting for a pull. Round four will be tomorrow before the party. I need some sleep tonight and it’s daddy put down night so can’t be too late. I’ll post more pictures in a bit or in the morning. Got a Costco 2 pack to go. This was much easier for my niece’s grad party… then again it was before my little man was here too.

Reactions: Sven Svensson

A How-to with Pics is better than 1000 words.
I have a special cup for this, but it doesn't work worth a darn, so below is a Step by Step to how I separate the fat for my Finishing sauce:
Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce

Bear

Yum!!
Bacon Wrapped Dogs!!
That brings back memories!!
That's what my Brother & I had at a Sports Bar in Stroudsburg, every year on the way back from Trout Fishing & Deer Hunting!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky