Gathering of BBQ enthuiast????????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 16, 2008
NW Ohio - outside Toledo
Think or daydreaming usually gets me into trouble,but,I had an idea. A weekly-or-monthly get together for those in the Toledo area(like a 50mile radius),close enough to get to and enjoy without being a problem.A meeting of the 'LOB'sters [lovers of BBQ].No contest,no trying to out-do Joe,and no "out of hand" drinking. You know, keep it civil.

I've met a couple of the local SMF folks, and they are great people...but I know there are a lot more out there! It doesn't matter if you are a novice with only you cooker and no practice yet, or a "PRO" with a restaurant(this would give them a chance to get away from the headache for a day).

Nothing fancy,nothing over the top. Just a gathering to get-to-know one another and socialize.Newbies could learn from talking,oldies get to share thier expertize and the rest of us can just have fun.

There are several nice spots around the area and are accessible to everyone. We could even change venue each time.

Rules? Few! No getting outlandishly out of line with the drinking( yes, bring your favorite adult beverage), take care of the facilities, bring the whole family(kiddos too),prepare to have fun and bring enough to share.

Sound interesting? Does to me. Even if it ends up being 3 or 4 families, we can have a fun day of making new friends; maybe the next one will be bigger?

Feed-back????? or am I kidding myself??????

I know I am new here but I would be interested. I am near Detroit and outside of the 50 mile radius but willing to take the drive. It is something I would not be able to commit to until next spring (got a newborn at home).

While I know the methods I use work, I would appreciate seeing some seasoned veterens in action and pick up some new tips.

Keep me posted.

You're the only one interested so far,but,Yes,by all means a Spring gathering would be fun. Maybe some others will join us if it becomes interesting to them?
PM me anytime and we'll chat or visit.
Have fun and
SMOKE HAPPY
icon_mrgreen.gif

Stan aka old school
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky