Fried rice again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Getting to be a regular thing with all of us. Cold nasty weather yummy warm fried rice 🍚
20230204_154508.jpg

Looks good from here

Point for sure
Chris

Ny loin pork chops kikomans spice packet carrots peas quarter red onion green onions eggs white rice. The meat marinade is some of the pink powder packet and I used half a bottle of some new gooey char sui glaze. I ll post em in the morning. Pretty much easy automatic comfort food for me now. Gives me something else to do with chicken and pork which I am eating almost exclusively due to food prices meat wise

Honestly, I' am not a peas and carrots guy myself but I need the veggies any time I can get em. I love the fried rice because it's extremly hearty and very very simple and easy to make once you get the hang of it. I only wish i could get me wok up to hot for true fried rice. The sauces I used for the char siu were...

Lee Kum Kee Char Siu Chinese Barbecue Sauce

and

NOH Chinese Barbecue packet

Honestly, I' am not a peas and carrots guy myself but I need the veggies any time I can get em. I love the fried rice because it's extremly hearty and very very simple and easy to make once you get the hang of it. I only wish i could get me wok up to hot for true fried rice. The sauces I used for the char siu were...

and

That is why I got a CI wok. Heat transfers great. And stays hot.

Reactions: negolien

and

Get a kettle and a Vortex with some lump and you'll have all the heat you need.

Chris

I used half a bottle of some new gooey char sui glaze
Nice Job, that looks good. I need to do that more! I like the description of the glaze. Can't wait to go into the local store and ask for "that some new gooey char sui glaze" Maybe on aisle 4 ???

Gotta love that comfort food.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
Nice Job, that looks good. I need to do that more! I like the description of the glaze. Can't wait to go into the local store and ask for "that some new gooey char sui glaze" Maybe on aisle 4 ???

Gotta love that comfort food.
I posted the name like 2 posts down I was at work when I posted that and couldn't scroll thru my amazon. It's the Lee Kum Kee sauce. I actually had some new Wegmans Chinese bbq sauce I wish I woulda have tried that. Next time I guess lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky