• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First post - Jerky making! (and help?)

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

domvoc

Mar 6, 2017
Hey! I'm 30 years old. I first started making jerky about 3-4 years ago. I bought a Nesco FD-80 dehydrator, Nesco jerky seasonings, Nesco jerky gun, and The Sausage Maker stainless steel jerky knife and board. I like my setup, so as of today, I'm still using all of the same spices and equipment. I have tried Hi Mountain seasoning once, but it didnt rurn out very well. I will be trying it again soon. However, I would like to get some of my own recipes, or at least some homemade recipes. I have recently looked through a lot online, including on SMF, but there are just so many that I don't know where to begin. I have actually found myself on SMF many times, but just now decided to join. Right now, I would like get a hold of an easy recipe (like a base recipe), where I could then just substitute different spices, etc, to create different flavors. Does anyone have a base recipe that I could try out?
p.s. - Sorry for the long first post.
Thanks in advance.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a Beautiful sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.  Lots of            great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Just use the Search , find one that looks good and give it a try

Gary

domvoc

Mar 6, 2017
Tropics, thanks. You're the third person to recommend that recipe, so I guess it will have to be the first one I try. Haha.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Tropics, thanks. You're the third person to recommend that recipe, so I guess it will have to be the first one I try. Haha.
Its' hard to beat,get a pork loin half or a third of what beef cost, and no one will know

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
Clicky