First Brisket on my new Smoker (Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey I will eat that anyday!  When you wrapped it in foil did you add any liquid.  I will add either apple juice or beef broth when I first wrap the flat.  It adds some moisture to the final product.  It sure looks plenty moist in the pics but you know what you want better than I.  yummmmmmmmm

Hey I will eat that anyday!  When you wrapped it in foil did you add any liquid.  I will add either apple juice or beef broth when I first wrap the flat.  It adds some moisture to the final product.  It sure looks plenty moist in the pics but you know what you want better than I.  yummmmmmmmm
I added a little broth to the portion of the flat just to get them back to a decent moisture. There not bad but would love for the final product to come out that way. I will defiantly give the Beef broth or apple juice in the foil on the next try. Thanks!

Looks great 
drool.gif

I always use the Beef Broth in the foil, it really helps with the dryness.

Thanks for the Qview
icon14.gif

Just another thought for you.  Many say you do not need to inject a brisket.  I always mix 1 tbs of my rub with beef broth per cup and inject prior to going on the smoker.  When I wrap I add more broth.  Unless I overcook I have plenty of moisture in the final product.  Injecting does not cause a problem as long as you are over 140F in 4hrs for safety.  Also I know many think of meat as bags of water and will not use a fork or pierce the muscle.  This is a incorrect assumption.  Meat is cellular in construction so you do not drain so to speak, the entire muscle if you poke it.  I will probably catch some heat for this but the science is sound.   

I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I am never really happy with the outcome and always trying different thing to improve. The good thing about it is i always have an excuse to smoke something
biggrin.gif

Never done that with a brisket but we do that at our annual company cookout with burgers. Pile the burgers after there cooked in a aluminum pan on one side of the grill and pour a cola in it so they stay nice and moist so we can cook a bunch of burgers before we serve them. don't really taste the cola much if any either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky