fatty abts ????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
guys,
new to the site....i've used the identical type of fourm setup before and there's usually a "post new thread" button. I didn't find it....so I'm replying to another post to get on. Sorry!

In the past, I've smoked turkeys and chickens dominantly. For some additional learnings....i took the 5 day e-course on smoking and it was pretty useful. I noticed a section on rubs and was curious if that's more for use with red meat, etc. instead of turkeys since you usually take the skin off when eating a smoked turkey.....any thoughts on this. I'm looking to step up my smoke flavor without killing the bird in the smoker. so if a rub would help......i would do it. I'm just not sure if i would be removing all the hard work when i take the skin off. THanks!!!!!

Amp,

If you are on the page that lists the new threads, click on Forums in the menu bar. Then choose the Roll Call forum. There should be a "New Thread" button there for you.

Welcome to SMF!

If you do a search, there have been several threads lately on doing a thanksgiving turkey.

Wow, an ABF... Atomic Buffalo Fatty... I like it! Hey Jeff, can we get this added to the acronym list...?!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Isnt a fatty/ABT combination called an Armadillo egg? When I make them I wrap each individual ABT in sausage. You made a grand daddy armadillo egg. They sure are good. How do you get the sausage into a perfect square like that?

I have done this and it is amazing. I have used Jalapenos, pablanos, anahiems, and roasted green chilli peppers. All have turned out fabulous...

For a different mix use ginger, thyme and fresh minced garlic. Be generous w/ the garlic.. You will be amazed...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky