Elk Jerky, A Few Flavors!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, was in the freezer the other day and seen a few small elk roasts… thought a batch of jerky was in order!

Done all with Hi Mountain Original seasoning, the most I left with that as the fam other than myself really doesn’t enjoy anything spicy!

So, with the most of it going original… I did do a small amount with some Mango Habanero spice (from Frag Out seasonings… a Veteran owned and operated company) added on and also a half dozen pieces with a good coating of Butcher Pepper for a friend that likes it with BP… but just likes about a half dozen pieces! 🤷🏼‍♂️ I give him a bad time, telling him that I generally eat a half dozen pieces just pulling the jerky out of the dehydrator! 🤣

Just before putting them in the fridge til tomorrow morning…

4573CE78-D4DB-49B6-B72F-B34F95732C88.jpeg

Also, am I the only one who likes these type of pieces to chew on and on and on? Ha, call me weird… but I like them!

8A734D08-2C73-4DC4-AC24-90E10F7FB3DC.jpeg

Well, that’s it on this one until morning… just the waiting game now!

Gonna be tasty Justin! I like all the little pieces... usually about gone by the time everything is dehydrated... great little morsels!

Ryan

Looks and sounds good . Gonna have to make me some . Last batch was reaper powder and pineapple from a ferment I did .
Be watching .

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Thanks everybody for dropping a line and the likes… much appreciated!

Well, put in dehydrator this morning… then went to coffee at the folks place! I have to say, I really like my newer Magic Mill dehydrator with its 7 shelves… it can hold a lot of jerky! Anyway, this was done earlier this afternoon and yes… each flavor sampled! The original is just what I’ve come to expect from Hi Mountain… just a great taste! The Butcher Pepper for my buddy was tasty as well… yes, I did taste test a piece for quality assurance! 😉 Last, the Mango Habanero has a nice spice with a good flavor and kick that kinda stays with ya on the back end for a few minutes afterwards! Quite pleased with how all flavors turned out… nice spice while still letting the flavor of the elk meat shine thru!

1871AC7B-1130-46C1-8936-892B8921C0C3.jpeg

Thanks for staying with me all!

Hey all, was in the freezer the other day and seen a few small elk roasts… thought a batch of jerky was in order!

Done all with Hi Mountain Original seasoning, the most I left with that as the fam other than myself really doesn’t enjoy anything spicy!

So, with the most of it going original… I did do a small amount with some Mango Habanero spice (from Frag Out seasonings… a Veteran owned and operated company) added on and also a half dozen pieces with a good coating of Butcher Pepper for a friend that likes it with BP… but just likes about a half dozen pieces! 🤷🏼‍♂️ I give him a bad time, telling him that I generally eat a half dozen pieces just pulling the jerky out of the dehydrator! 🤣

Just before putting them in the fridge til tomorrow morning…

View attachment 686229

Also, am I the only one who likes these type of pieces to chew on and on and on? Ha, call me weird… but I like them!

View attachment 686230

Well, that’s it on this one until morning… just the waiting game now!
i love the chewy tendons its like protein gum

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky