Fattie Caprese complete with Bacon Weave

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by dingle, Jul 7, 2009.

1. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

It has been a long time since I have done a fattie and NEVER have I attempted a bacon weave but here it goes. The ingredients consisted of chopped sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil and shredded mozzarella....

After two attempts with the weave, I settled with this one....

All wrapped up and ready for a bit of cherry smoke in the GOSM at approx 280deg until an internal temp of 165deg was reached...

And the final outcome. If you look real close behind the fattie are some smoked sausage stuffed mushrooms, one of my favs! As always, thanks for lookin[​IMG]

2. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice looking fattie, but I am more intrigued by the sausage smoked mushrooms!! [​IMG]

3. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great. Love it, a few choice ingredients and it turns into such a thing of beauty and deliciousness.

4. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Ahhh yes....smoked shrooms! Sausage, cream cheese, chives, basil, parsley, garlic pepper and maybe some shredded pepperjack! You decide. The ingreeeeds are endless. The above is how I likes 'em[​IMG]

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Thats a nice looking fattie I like the basil. Was it home grown?

6. rivet

rivet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Excellent fattie [​IMG] Already getting fresh basil here from the garden and this one looks like the next one up on my grill to try! Thanks for posting a fine piece of work.

7. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking fattie.
    [​IMG]
    now I'm off to the veggie section to see if you posted those mushrooms over there. If you didn't...shame on you. You could always redeem yourself and put up your recipie and process. :)

8. slanted88

slanted88 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Dingle....back off! Don't eat it! I got folk's coming to confiscate it!

9. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

That's a work of art DINGLE. [​IMG]