Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
A little garden and grilling action between rain storms. Today's menu - Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad. The Italian and purple basil is from my garden. Chicken is boneless skinless thighs seasoned ned with American Pitmaster Wow then grilled hot over charcoal on the Weber kettle. Tomatoes are from a local Mennonite market as I'm a couple weeks away from tomatoes. Dressed up with a nice balsamic reduction, tx smoker tx smoker herb infused olive oil and dusted with Italian seasoning. Took a sampler to my neighbors and they approve. I love these flavors. Thanks for looking!
PXL_20230706_200320393-01.jpeg
PXL_20230706_202547235-02.jpeg

Wow Jeff! A thing of beauty there. I can just taste it looking at it. Those Caprese Salad getting popular. I made one today with some Black Beauty from a friends garden. I not crazy about this last cheese I bought though.

What is this herb infused olive oil you speak of?

Dude that looks so good! Super fresh and tasty!!
Thank you! Great light fresh summer meal ,
Wow Jeff! A thing of beauty there. I can just taste it looking at it. Those Caprese Salad getting popular. I made one today with some Black Beauty from a friends garden. I not crazy about this last cheese I bought though.

What is this herb infused olive oil you speak of?
Thanks Brian! I love black tomato varieties btw. Usually very robust tomato flavor. The oil was a gift from Robert.
Just beautiful. Great Job
Thanks Brian! Appreciate it
We would be all over that!
Come on over! I've got lots

Looks really good.
Thanks man, trying not to keep up with all the cooks y'all been posting.
That should be in a magazine. Dang
Thanks Adam! I appreciate the kind words.

It will be in Box Car Willie’s August edition
Lol you and Robert are keyed in on this train thing.

Man oh man that is a nice looking plate!!! The cook on the bird parts looks spot on!

Reactions: jcam222
Man oh man that is a nice looking plate!!! The cook on the bird parts looks spot on!
Thanks! I was really pleased with the chicken. I'm really starting to like my Weber kettle.
Your plate shots are pretty much all magazine quality..Nicely done sir . 👍👀
Thanks so much. I've been in a lull on cooking and presentation but trying to up my game again at times.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
A little garden and grilling action between rain storms. Today's menu - Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad. The Italian and purple basil is from my garden. Chicken is boneless skinless thighs seasoned ned with American Pitmaster Wow then grilled hot over charcoal on the Weber kettle. Tomatoes are from a local Mennonite market as I'm a couple weeks away from tomatoes. Dressed up with a nice balsamic reduction, tx smoker tx smoker herb infused olive oil and dusted with Italian seasoning. Took a sampler to my neighbors and they approve. I love these flavors. Thanks for looking!View attachment 669866View attachment 669867
Dang! Excellent meal and excellent photos!!

Wow Jeff, yet another truly amazing meal. That just looks SOOOO good!! No question I'd be all over that. There's nothing there I don't love and the combination of flavors must be insanely good. Appreciate the shout out for the garlic olive oil. We still use that stuff almost daily.
It will be in Box Car Willie’s August edition
So is he doing calendars now and this will be the August feature?? :emoji_laughing: (This has been fun BTW)

Robert

• Haha
Oh man that is a goregeous meal. I love the colors in it!
Like I tell tx smoker tx smoker you gonna have me in the HR office for licking my screen here at work.

Jim

• Haha
Wow Jeff, yet another truly amazing meal. That just looks SOOOO good!! No question I'd be all over that. There's nothing there I don't love and the combination of flavors must be insanely good. Appreciate the shout out for the garlic olive oil. We still use that stuff almost daily.

So is he doing calendars now and this will be the August feature?? :emoji_laughing: (This has been fun BTW)

Robert
I'll be doing a hobo pose in only a bandana and a chef hat LOL.

That's amazing, Jeff!! That is food and flavors we love around here and it wouldn't last very long at all...
Thanks! Yep I gotta get more chicken and tomatoes. I'll eat it daily lol
Oh man that is a goregeous meal. I love the colors in it!
Like I tell tx smoker tx smoker you gonna have me in the HR office for licking my screen here at work.

Jim
Haha I've done my job if I can get people licking the screen

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
That’s a perfect summer meal, and yours no doubt looks like it belongs on a magazine cover. Nicely done Jeff!

That’s a perfect summer meal, and yours no doubt looks like it belongs on a magazine cover. Nicely done Jeff!
Thanks Joe! I'll be doing a few other variations no doubt as the the tomatoes come on

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky