Dads Day Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Ok this cook was just for me……. Had a mission to have some meat jello for Dads Day….. just love these point cuts vs the whole packer
BAB336EC-563A-4BC1-A394-F46DCE224391.jpeg

Did a 1/4 inch fat trimmed, 45 degree score (allows more rub surface area and bark), and heavily seasoned up with my 13 spice rub…..minced the trimmed fat to render for basting….
287EA112-65F5-40AF-AA41-F5C515F46ECE.jpeg

Doing this cook on the RT 1250 @ my usual 265 fast cook… point on the top rack fat under….
E4534822-3551-4C5B-BF03-1979508A5FC1.jpeg

Progress shot……about 3 hours in…..dad is a happy camper!!!!
62E9A1A4-3BEA-4ED3-BF15-950C070B81A1.jpeg

Awesome… nothing like some TBS on Dads Day… Enjoy! We’ve been getting rained on most the day so far… how’s the weather down your way?

Awesome… nothing like some TBS on Dads Day… Enjoy! We’ve been getting rained on most the day so far… how’s the weather down your way?
Thanks rafter! No rain but 25-35 mph wind and 50 degrees…..was going to go for a mid day hike but that got tabled!!!! May just have to tinker in the shop!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Thanks rafter! No rain but 25-35 mph wind and 50 degrees…..was going to go for a mid day hike but that got tabled!!!! May just have to tinker in the shop!

We don’t have much wind, but as said we have been getting the rain! A hike sounds awesome, but a day in the shop doesn’t sound bad either… enjoy your day bud!

You've got my interest!! That looks to be an amazing start. Looking forward to the finished result.

Robert

We don’t have much wind, but as said we have been getting the rain! A hike sounds awesome, but a day in the shop doesn’t sound bad either… enjoy your day bud!
Did a hike (4 miler) up by China point on Friday……could see past AF to the west and past BF on the to the north…..killer day and view! Oh yea a day I. The shop is a nice consolation prize.

You've got my interest!! That looks to be an amazing start. Looking forward to the finished result.

Robert
Thanks Robert! Love watching the cook unfold…..makes my hungry meter go nuts!

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
I'm predicting that's going to be good. I can occasionally find points, but usually do a modified butterfly method to make the thickness more even, and so they lay flatter.

I guess great minds think alike. I'm making a brisket also. Yours look fabulous!
Thanks mn and Oh yes….. I’m betting there are a whole bunch of briskets being smoked up today
I'm predicting that's going to be good. I can occasionally find points, but usually do a modified butterfly method to make the thickness more even, and so they lay flatter.
I like your confidence thirdeye! I have done the separation and butterfly as well but we are lucky to have a place that base the points in stock daily. 29 bills for a 6 lb point…..I always get the best combo of marbling and uniformity. This one was “right on the money” for both……will be slicing in about an hour…….I’m getting hungry!

Woah, there you go.... fantastic. We're doing steaks, pilaf and some street corn tonight.
Thanks thirdeye! Steaks, pilaf, & corn sounds might tasty! Hope it works out

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky