Cross Rib Chuckie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dukeburger

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2009
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Treated this just as I would a regular chuck, but brought it to 190 degrees for slicing. Turned out incredibly tender without falling apart. This might be one of my favorite cuts!

Made some smoked beans and smoked baked potato for sides and finished off with gravy from the smoked drippings.

Rubbed with SPOG and smoked on the kettle @ 250-275 with hickory. Wrapped the last hour to get to temp.

grilling_smilie.gif

DB That looks great!! Don't think I ever seen a roast like that in my area Points

Richie

DB That looks great!! Don't think I ever seen a roast like that in my area Points

Richie
Thanks Richie!

I think it's sometimes referred to a "cross-cut rib roast" as well. It hard to find with the shortribs tied on like this one. If you ever see one at the supermarket, grab it!

Last edited:

Richie
Thanks Richie!

I think it's sometimes referred to a "cross-cut rib roast" as well. It hard to find with the shortribs tied on like this one. If you ever see one at the supermarket, grab it!
Got some beef ribs getting ready,rain starting

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky