Couple (20) of butts with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks awesome Peach. I need to give bigger splits a go once I've got a good coal bed. I usually use splits about 1/3 to 1/2 those in diameter on my 84

Reactions: smokin peachey
To those folks following along and wondering where the closing pics are I apologize for the delay. Around 9:30 it started raining again and that’s when I wanted to get started pulling. Usually I do it outside Around 10 we started pulling by we I mean me and my two daughters. By 10:48 we were finished and I cleaned up quick so we could head to the picnic that was moved indoors.
Ok enough of the words here are some pics.
I brought 14 of the 20 into the shop we pulled these then I grabbed the other six. When we got to #14 daughters were like oh year we are done. I happily broke their hearts by telling them there were more. Lol

IMG_9689.jpeg
IMG_9690.jpeg
IMG_9691.jpeg
IMG_9692.jpeg
IMG_9693.jpeg
IMG_9694.jpeg

Looks awesome Peach. I need to give bigger splits a go once I've got a good coal bed. I usually use splits about 1/3 to 1/2 those in diameter on my 84
Give it a go Jeff. Another thing I think people get to worked up over is maintaining that perfect temp. I’ve found that 30 minutes at 300 degrees and 30 minutes at 200 degrees makes no difference vs an hour at 250. Another thing I try to do is stack the wood in a way so that as one spit burns out it catches onto another. I’ve not been around a Lang so I’m not sure if the firebox is big enough to do this or not.

I would have liked to see the look on your daughter's faces when you informed them they were not done! Good job dad! But good for them for helping... even if they didn't have a choice.

Ryan

Reactions: DemonPit
Nice job Peachey that pork looks most excellent. I like that tool also,

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: smokin peachey
The rain cleared out and the moon stopped by to say hello. View attachment 669275A little 3:43am pre wrap pic
View attachment 669276
I typically always put 2-3 butts into a large foyal pan with some vinegar, apple juice, honey and rub. Typically I also add 1 stick of butter per butt but didn’t do that this time.
View attachment 669277I’m not sure why the yellow in the pic I guess that’s what happens when you are trying to get stuff done and don’t look closely at a picture after taking it.
Amazing!! You are smoking on a Whole other level then I am!! Hahaha!! My mouth is Watering!!

Aloha,
Sean

Since I didn’t have any pics of the pulled meat I snapped a few pics from the pans I had in the refrigerator when I went to make sure the temp was cooling them down properly.

IMG_9701.jpeg

The LED lighting in the shop kinda mess with my pics sorry I’m not a good pic editor.
IMG_9703.jpeg

And I got the firebox cleaned out until next time.
IMG_9704.jpeg

HOLY SMOKE! ........see what I did there!........So anyways lol, Great job on an amazing feat! That is a ton of porkage right there now! Definite Alpha Dad points at the fellowship!:emoji_wink:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky