Couple (20) of butts with pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2016
Central Pennsylvania
I gotta find time this weekend to roll some smoke on around 170lbs of pork butts HalfSmoked HalfSmoked are you coming to watch the fire so I can get a nap?
IMG_9540.jpeg

If you supply the frosty beverages and let me get a plate I'd come and do fire watch with ya!
Looks like you got your hands full. Who you cooking for?

Jim

Reactions: smokin peachey
If you supply the frosty beverages and let me get a plate I'd come and do fire watch with ya!
Looks like you got your hands full. Who you cooking for?

Jim
You can have both. Cooking for a church picnic and some for a different church for a fundraiser next weekend. Figured I’d do both at once.

Hope your weather is better than ours! That's a lot of pork goodness. The pulling will be a task for sure.

Reactions: DemonPit
Hope your weather is better than ours! That's a lot of pork goodness. The pulling will be a task for sure.
I may catch some flack for asking, but in a quantity like this, has anyone ever used a mixer to pull pork? A guy that catered my niece's wedding reception a few years ago shredded chicken breast with a KitchenAid mixer. After just a few pulses, it turned out as good as by hand, but in a fraction of the time. I know if I was Smokin' Peachy, and I was working alone, I'd give it a go.

Looks like some storms this evening. I’m trying to get out of the office to get home to get the meat prepped but it’s been busy busy keeping my growers needs met so they can raise a crop to help feed America 🇺🇸

I may catch some flack for asking, but in a quantity like this, has anyone ever used a mixer to pull pork? A guy that catered my niece's wedding reception a few years ago shredded chicken breast with a KitchenAid mixer. After just a few pulses, it turned out as good as by hand, but in a fraction of the time. I know if I was Smokin' Peachy, and I was working alone, I'd give it a go.
I have an attachment for on a cordless drill. It will probably take me 15 minutes to get this all pulled.

Wow, that's a lot of porcine goodness right there. Looks like that monster smoker of yours is going to see double duty this weekend. A ton of work but for a great cause. Bunches of folks gonna be eating well.

Robert
The smoker has been hungry it was time to give it something to eat. This is only about half as much as I usually do so it won’t be to bad. Wife and I had everything trimmed and rubbed in about 48 minutes which wasn’t to bad. Now it’s just a matter of adding a little wood every 3 hours and watching the smoke roll.

Good on you for doing the Lords work.
To each was given gifts we should use them for others good. I’m not sure that I’m a gifted cook but for some reason people keep requesting the pork. I guess some have the gifting of serving others while there seems to be some who’s gifting is telling stories.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky