Cold Smoked Onions, Tomatoes, Sweet Mini-Bell Peppers & Cheese Sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ArgyleBill

Original poster
Jul 30, 2023
I just love to Cold Smoke any and all meats, spices, flours, frozen food & meat and vegetables. Now I am not talking about temperatures over 100°F degrees, stay below 100°F degrees. Too much of a mess with cheeses and frozen meals, vegetables or food.
On frozen foods, be sure to remove any wrappers that encase the food item, smoke doesn't appear to get through this outer covering at all. Just some the frozen food items for about 15 ro 20 minutes. Don't let them begin to thaw out, if needed keep the food item on ice to help stay cold. I really like the frozen burritos one can get from Krogers. They smoke up really great and is even better after sitting a couple a days back in the freezer., if I can wait that long...

On Cold Smoking Tomatoes - Roma Tomatoes are flavorful and cheaper to purchase. Just slice and cold smoke for about an hour, no more.
Onions, regardless of type, just slice and cold smoke for about an hour, no more.
Cheese - here is where it can get messy if allowed to hot. I put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes, using the stainless steel sink strainer, shown below, it is lit and on its way to smoke even before I bring the chees out. Just trying to keep the cheese as cold as I can here in Texas right now. This goes for any all types of cheese I use, 15 to 20 minutes at most when hot as it is here now.
Cheese Sticks - sometimes I remove the top plastic covering and leave the cheese stick in the bottom plastic cover, is to just fold back up and slide into a Zip-Loc bag that way. Otherwise just remove completely from both sides of cheese sticks..
Cold Smoked Tomatoes & Cheese Sticks using Sink Strainer as Fire Box.jpg
Cold Smokekd Onions, Sweet Bell Peppers & Tomatoes.jpg
Stainless Steel Mesh Sink Strainer-2.png
Stainless Steel Mesh Sink Strainer.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky