CI Seared Peruvian Flank Steak W/Grilled Veggies (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you my friend. Not necessary of course but very much appreciated. Have you decided what to try with the spices? I've not seen anything yet but I may have overlooked it.

Robert

Reactions: xray
Looks good. You are correct about the sear or lack there of. The meat needs to be as dry as possible. And Butter is 15% water, that has to be cooked off. Wait until all the bubbling stops before adding the meat. I use a Dry Pan to sear then add butter and Herbs near the end and baste for flavor. With Marinated meat some weight, another pan, on the meat forces out the Steam Bubble that lifts the meat off the pan and inhibits a good sear...BTW, you got that killer Infrared Sear Burner! Why are you using CI over it anyway???...JJ

BTW, you got that killer Infrared Sear Burner! Why are you using CI over it anyway???...JJ

That'd a good question and one that I considered before deciding on the use of cast iron. My concern was that the marinade would "melt" off the steak, drip down into the grill, and I'd lose a lot of it. If done on the CI griddle the juices would be contained and the steak would continue to cook in the juice thus enhancing the flavor. As odd as it may sound, there was some sort of a method to my madness :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Thank you again for sharing Joe!! I'm just sorry it took so much longer than anticipated to try the stuff. I feel like I lied to you on Tuesday when I told you I had the steaks marinating and planned to cook them that day. Oh well, you know how plans can get derailed sometimes.

Appreciate the offer to keep me stocked up. hopefully I can find a different way to do it so as not to inconvenience you but I'll accept the offer if necessary :emoji_wink:

Now...put down the cookie, get off your butt, and go out and grill something!! :emoji_astonished:

Stirring the pot a little,
Robert

Sorry for being so sporadic lately, I should be returning to some normalcy soon. My schedule has been derailed the past two weeks. I even forgot to put the garbage out. Now, I'm using my tamper as a trash compactor to make more room in the can, lol!

I've marinaded steaks that long before. It's good to see you like them after 3 days. Good idea on the vac seal too. That would make meal prep a lot easier. Also, with the paste being a lot thicke, a little would go a long way once the meat is rubbed and vac sealed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky