Chili - Beans or No Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

QITUP Texas

Original poster
Nov 1, 2023
Weather finally dropped here in Texas so everyone is making their yearly start of fall/winter chilis. So, the question at hand. Do you put beans in chili or not? My family puts all kinds of beans and some corn to add sweetness. Love to here the forums thoughts.
IMG_5423.jpg
IMG_5425.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy, and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
Hardcore Texans call it soup if it has beans in it.
But, I'm not hardcore, so I put beans in it.

For me it's gotta have beans I've never had it any other way

Reactions: jonthrondarkness
No telling what my "stew meat" is as I have the processor save some trim as stew meat rather than grinding it all. Makes some outstanding chili and stew though.

Reactions: JLeonard
Beans, chile? Them's fightin' words!
You old enough to the remember the Miller Lite commercials with the
"Great Taste" and "Less Filling" marketing ploy?
Yeah same thing, personal taste.
I prefer beans and lots of cut up veggies.
Anything less is just cover sauce for a sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
I grew up in Ohio and red kidney beans and ground beef were the basis for any chili. I still love that but I've also grown to love chili that starts with red chili based sauce (guajillo,arbol and ancho) and beef that's not ground like cubed brisket or shoulder mock.

Reactions: JLeonard and DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky