Chicken wings on the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 31, 2014
Michigan
Been craving some wings for awhile. Sunday I stopped by a store to get some wings they had nada. Monday I went to a different store and secured the wings,but when I opened them they smelled horrible! Ishall not indulge about that fiasco. So I just picked up some frozen wing sections from one of our GFS cash and carry stores.Thumbs Up Seasoned about half with Cajun style rub and the other half is a modified version of Meatheads Memphis dust. I have purchased Jeffs rub and sauce just haven't mixed any up yet. Wings are smoking with pecan wood tonight, with any luck I may get to finally eat some friggin wings!!:biggrin:

Nice,wings are so expensive. I have been using legs instead.

Oh, get Jeffs rub mixed up. You wont be sorry.

Nice,wings are so expensive. I have been using legs instead.

Oh, get Jeffs rub mixed up. You wont be sorry.

I'm sure I won't be! The frozen wings weren't to bad 5 # bag on sale $10 but not a great price for sure, but at least there weren't rotted like the others from the store.

I guess it's my duty to the job , when I as working , I was all over the "FRESH" thingy. If I smelled something not right ( and after 10+yrs. of cooking , you know ) it would be trashed immediately . Only one 'Boss' accused me of wasting food , and I offered to cook a piece ( it was Fish ) , and he declined . I won the battle.

I get into trouble speaking my mind to some of these 'clerks' in  stores today , if I had picked up that spoiled pack of wings , I'd have taken it to the Mgr. and complained . Wouldn't want to see some poor old Lady pick one during her shopping and in doing , lose that money she needed , or cook and eat it and get sick.

Just sayin'  ,Have fun and . . .

I guess it's my duty to the job , when I as working , I was all over the "FRESH" thingy. If I smelled something not right ( and after 10+yrs. of cooking , you know ) it would be trashed immediately . Only one 'Boss' accused me of wasting food , and I offered to cook a piece ( it was Fish ) , and he declined . I won the battle.

^^^^ yeah that ^^^^!

I might get in trouble for trashing questionable food; I'd get fired if I get people sick!!!

I get into trouble speaking my mind to some of these 'clerks' in  stores today , if I had picked up that spoiled pack of wings , I'd have taken it to the Mgr. and complained . Wouldn't want to see some poor old Lady pick one during her shopping and in doing , lose that money she needed , or cook and eat it and get sick.

Just sayin'  ,Have fun and . . .

I'll keep it short the "manager" told me they couldn't do anything without the recipt. I explained they didn't care. Luckily I got a hold of the store director who took care of it, but too much hassle for sure. I did ask the store director to teach the "manager" better ways to deal with customers. There was no way I was going to be out $15.50 for chicken wings!:781:

b-one they look nice,did the skin get crispy? I love Pecan for chicken 

I just toss them on the gasser to crisp try to keep the temp down for extra time in the smoke, but the WSM could easily crisp them. I like pecan a lot maybe cherry a touch more probably why I usally combine them.

You do turn out some nice looking wings! Now how about some grill marks on those porterhouses? :-)

Thanks! Hey there are some pretty good grill marks on the steaks got the gasser about 700*F! :th_violent5:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky